Subject: About password_to_key algorithm.

From: Parasuraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:20:18 +0530

Hi all,

I came across a document/RFC long ago, that if the password is given 
repeatedly, then the key generated from it is the same.
For example, the key generated for the passwords "test", "testtest", 
"testtesttest" are all the same.

Can anyone of you, please point me to that concreate evidence.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Regards,
R.Parasuraman.

---

From: Steve Moulton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:38:10 -0500

On Tuesday, February 18 2003, Parasuraman <[email-masked]> wro

> Can anyone of you, please point me to that concreate evidence.

Check out RFC3414, Section 11.2, second paragraph.

	- Steve

---
Steve Moulton        SNMP Research, Inc            voice: +1 865 573 1434
Sr Software Engineer 3001 Kimberlin Heights Rd.    fax: +1 865 573 9197
[email-masked]     Knoxville, TN 37920-9716 USA  http://www.snmp.com