Subject: Clarification in SNMPv3 standard VACM mib

From: "Kamaraj P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:58:36 +0530

Hi All,
       I am compiling Standard VACM mib ( RFC 3415) with LIBSMI Tool.
Iam getting this compilation error
"
1.  index element `vacmViewTreeFamilySubtree' of row
`vacmViewTreeFamilyEntry' should but cannot have a size restriction
2.  index of row `vacmViewTreeFamilyEntry' can exceed OID size limit by 46
subidentifier(s) "

Whether this compilation error can be ignored or the standard mib should be
updated (RFC 3415) ...

Thanks In Advance
Regards,
Kamaraj

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL)
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for
what it is intended.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message.
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:23:19 +0100

>>>>> Kamaraj P writes:

Kamaraj> Hi All, I am compiling Standard VACM mib ( RFC 3415) with
Kamaraj> LIBSMI Tool.  Iam getting this compilation error 

[...]

Not all messages produced by smilint are errors - see the smilint(1)
manual page for a description of the error levels and their meaning.

There is in fact nothing wrong with the MIB in RFC 3415.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:10:02 -0800 (PST)

HI,

It's not a problem. You just need to set the checking level
the to appropriate value.

> Whether this compilation error can be ignored or the standard mib should be
Regards,
/david t. perkins

---

From: "Kamaraj P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:39:30 +0530

Thanks for your response.
How can I get rid of this warnings ?

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Kamaraj

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of David T. Perkins
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 10:40 PM
To: Kamaraj P
Cc: 'Snmpv3-wg (E-mail)'
Subject: Re: Clarification in SNMPv3 standard VACM mib

HI,

Regards,
/david t. perkins

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:57:57 +0100

>>>>> Kamaraj P writes:

Kamaraj> Thanks for your response.  How can I get rid of this warnings
Kamaraj> ?

This is really off-topic for this list. Anyway, I suggest you read the
smilint(1) manual page - you may also want to read the smi_config(3)
page which explains how you can actually modify the error/warning
level at the message granularity.

/js