Subject: [Softwires] Softwires website and interim meeting announcement

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:20:36 -0500

All -

We would like to announce the softwires website at this location:

http://bgp.nu/~dward/softwires/

It contains the presos, notes and proposed charter that was 
presented at IETF 63 in Paris.

We will be updating the proposed charter w/ a newer rev that 
reflects the comments and suggestions we received from  participants 
and the ADs. This should appear on the webpage next week and we will 
announce it to the list.

Also we would like to announce the Interim WG meeting (in 
anticipation of the formation of the WG). It will be held in Paris, 
France  the week of Oct 9th depending on participants availability. 
Please reply to Alain and Dave whether you can attend. We expect the 
meeting to last 1.5 days. Logistics will be sent out very shortly 
once we have some idea of availability and logistic requirements. We 
will limit the interim meeting to 50 persons.

Tentative Agenda for Interim Meeting:

Item 0:
Update charter review

Item 1:

Review list of issues to be solved

Item 2:

Review IPv4 over IPv6 scenario

Item 3:

Review list of potential solutions

Item 4:
Group solutions into "problem buckets" and "not applicable"

Item 5:
Hash out final solution set choices

Item 6:
Prepare WG agenda and WG solution set discussion for Vancouver

Thanks

Dave and Alain

_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:55:21 +0700

Hi,

I will definitively like to participate in the interim meeting.

Paris is a good location for me, but making it on Sunday make it very
difficult, because I will be traveling back to home from Panama on Saturday
and may be on able to be there (I still need to look for flight
combinations, but seems very difficult). Will much prefer 10-11th.

I will read later and comment if required, in separate threads about the
charter and minutes.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: David Ward <[email-masked]>
> Responder a: <[email-masked]>
> Fecha: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:20:36 -0500
> Para: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Asunto: [Softwires] Softwires website and interim meeting announcement
> 
> 
> All -
> 

************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:29:09 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, David Ward wrote:
> Also we would like to announce the Interim WG meeting (in anticipation of the 
> formation of the WG). It will be held in Paris, France  the week of Oct 9th 
> depending on participants availability.

Just a procedural warning...

There may be a procedural problem with a _WG_ interim meeting.

First off, there probably can't be a _WG_ interim meeting before WG 
has been formed.  Interim meetings need to be announced on 
IETF-Announce (plus additional requirements) at least a month in 
advance, as set down in:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/Interim-meetings.txt

Of course, I guess may be OK to have an informal, pre-WG interim 
meeting, subject to the spirit of the IESG statement, but I'd say 
decisions shouldn't be made at such a meeting.

(As a comment on the earlier thread: while Hawaii might be 'fair' for 
the Western US/Asia, it's pretty far from Europe :-)

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings