Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action:draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP Encapsulation SAFI and BGP Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute
	Author(s)       : P. Mohapatra, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-06-02

In certain situations, transporting a packet from one BGP speaker to
another, the BGP next hop, requires that the packet be encapsulated
by the first BGP speaker and decapsulated by the second. To support
these situations, there needs to be some agreement  between the two
BGP speakers with regard to the "encapsulation information", i.e.,
the format of the encapsulation header as well as the contents of
various fields of the header.

The encapsulation information need not be signaled for all
encapsulation types. In the cases where the signaling is required
(such as L2TPv3, GRE with key), This draft specifies a method by
which BGP speakers can signal encapsulation information to each
other. The signaling is done by sending BGP updates using the
"Encapsulation SAFI" and IPv4 or IPv6 AFI. In the cases where no
encapsulation information needs to be signaled (such as GRE without
key), this draft specifies a BGP extended community that can be
attached to UPDATE messages that carry payload prefixes to indicate
the encapsulation protocol type to be used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires