Subject: [Softwires] secdir review of draft-ietf-softwire-bgp-te-attribute

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:21:00 -0800

I have reviewed this document (-03) as part of the security  
directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being  
processed by the IESG. These comments were written primarily for the  
benefit of the security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs  
should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.
This I-D defines a new BGP attribute to carry traffic engineering  
information.
While it seems true that the introduction of this attribute doesn't  
change the underlying security issues of BGP, it might be appropriate  
to provide a reference to where BGP security considerations are  
discussed. That is, suggest adding: "BGP security considerations are  
discussed in RFC 4271".  And something like "Traffic Engineering  
security considerations are discussed in RFC XXXX" would also be useful.
Regards, Kurt
_______________________________________________
Softwires mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires