Subject: [Softwires] RFC 5566 on BGP IPsec Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:00:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5566

        Title:      BGP IPsec Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute 
        Author:     L. Berger, R. White,
                    E. Rosen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17416
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-ipsec-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5566.txt

The BGP Encapsulation Subsequent Address Family Identifier (SAFI)
provides a method for the dynamic exchange of encapsulation
information and for the indication of encapsulation protocol types to be
used for different next hops.  Currently, support for Generic Routing
Encapsulation (GRE), Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TPv3), and
IP in IP tunnel types are defined.  This document defines support for
IPsec tunnel types.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute