Subject: [Softwires] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-cui-softwire-pet-01

From: "Yong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:07:12 +0800

Hi, Softwire Folks,

We have updated the IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence Framework (PET)
to its -01 version and posted its use case on IPv6-to-IPv4
as follows.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-cui-softwire-pet-01.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-softwire-pet64-00

Your review and comments are welcome.

-Yong

======= 2009-10-26 15:51:50 IETF I-D Submission Tool wrote =======
>From IETF I-D Submission Tool [email-masked]
To [email-masked] [email-masked]
CC [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked] [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>
>A new version of I-D, draft-cui-softwire-pet-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Yong Cui and posted to the IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-cui-softwire-pet
>Revision:	 01
>Title:		 IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence Framework (PET)
>Creation_date:	 2009-10-26
>WG ID:		 Independent Submission
>Number_of_pages: 19
>
>Abstract:
>IPv4 and IPv6 are expected to coexist for a long period.  Currently,
>there are many IPv4/IPv6 transition/coexistence technologies, which
>can be generally divided into two categories: translation and
>tunneling.  Both translation and tunneling have limitations and
>application scopes.  In some typical transition scenarios, tunneling
>and translation are needed at the same time.  In addition, there may
>be multiple network devices capable of doing translation or tunneling
>along the end-to-end path.  It's important to choose particular
>device(devices) for doing translation or tunneling.
>
>This draft presents an IPv4-IPv6 transition/coexistence framework
>named PET (short for Prefixing, Encapsulation and Translation).  PET
>is a network side solution which includes fundamental elements needed
>in various transition scenarios.  In PET framework, signaling is
>required for transition devices to exchange necessary information and
>negotiate how to do combine transition and tunneling cooperatively.
>This draft also addresses how to deploy PETs and analyze the
>advantages and disadvantages of typical transition technologies that
>PET may adopt.
>                                                                                  
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat.
>
>

=======================================

Best regards,
16:00:48 2009-10-26
********************************************************
*    CUI Yong                                          *
*    Ph.D, Department of Computer Science & Technology *
*    Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China(100084)   *
*    Tel: (8610)-62603059                              *
*    Email: [email-masked]               *
********************************************************