Subject: [Softwires] Protocol Action: 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) Option for Dual- Stack Lite' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:09:37 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) Option for Dual-
   Stack Lite'
  (draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option-10.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Softwires Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-ds-lite-tunnel-option/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies two DHCPv6 options which are meant to be
   used by a Dual-Stack Lite client (Basic Bridging BroadBand element,
   B4) to discover its Address Family Transition Router (AFTR)
   address.

Working Group Summary

   This document was discussed in depth and well-reviewed. There is
   some disagreement over small details, but overall WG consensus is
   strong to publish this document.

Document Quality

   There are multiple, independent, interoperable implementations of
   this protocol today. Several service providers have announced plans
   to deploy or interest in deploying.

Personnel

   Dave Ward ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.  Ralph
   Droms ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.