Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 05:44:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public IPv4 over IPv6 Access Network
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Chris Metz
                          Olivier Vautrin
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   When the service provider networks are upgraded to IPv6, IPv4
   connectivity will still be demanded by network users, at least in the
   recent future.  This draft proposes a mechanism for end hosts or
   networks in IPv6 access networks to build bidirectional IPv4
   communication with the IPv4 Internet.  The mechanism follows the
   softwire hub and spoke model, and uses IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel as basic
   method to traverse IPv6 network.  The bi-directionality of end-to-end
   communication is achieved by allocating public IPv4 addresses to end
   hosts/networks.  This mechanism is an IPv4 access method for network
   users in IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-01.txt

---

From: Washam Fan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:44:03 +0800

Hi Authors,

For section 5.3, I think 2 things should be explicitly stated.
1. hairpinning should be supported on the 4over6 concentrator
2. when 4-in-6 packets received, the inner ipv4 src ip address should
be checked against outter ipv6 src ip to see if they are match.
(Actually, this should be mentioned in security consideration section)

Thanks,
washam

2012/3/12  <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires

---

From: Peng Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:48:02 +0800

Hi Washam,

Good points. Will add them in the next version.