Subject: [Softwires] RFC 6930 on RADIUS Attribute for IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:25:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6930

        Title:      RADIUS Attribute for IPv6 Rapid 
                    Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd) 
        Author:     D. Guo, 
S. Jiang,
                    Ed., R. Despres,
                      R. Maglione
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23573
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-6rd-radius-attrib-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6930.txt

The IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd) provides both IPv4 and
IPv6 connectivity services simultaneously during the IPv4/IPv6 coexistence
period.  The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) 6rd option has been
defined to configure the 6rd Customer Edge (CE).  However, in many
networks, the configuration information may be stored in
the Authentication Authorization and Accounting (AAA) servers, while user
configuration is mainly acquired from a Broadband Network Gateway
(BNG) through the DHCP protocol.  This document defines a Remote
Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) attribute that carries
6rd configuration information from the AAA server to BNGs.

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC