Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 03:02:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPv4 Residual Deployment via IPv6 - a Stateless Solution (4rd)
	Author(s)       : Remi Despres
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Reinaldo Penno
                          Yiu Lee
                          Gang Chen
                          Maoke Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-05.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2013-04-25

Abstract:
   The 4rd automatic tunneling mechanism makes IPv4 Residual Deployment
   possible via IPv6 networks without maintaining for this per-customer
   states in 4rd-capable nodes (reverse of the IPv6 Rapid Deployment of
   6rd).  To cope with the IPv4 address shortage, customer sites can be
   assigned shared public IPv4 addresses with restricted port sets. 4rd
   can also support the scenarios that customer sites are assigned full
   public IPv4 addresses or a set of public IPv4 addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-4rd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:48:20 +0000

Hi, Softwirers,

The authors have submitted a new version of 4rd. Please review the latest version and give your comments. The blow is the summary of modifications we have made:

a) Added summary description text for overview 4rd model in section 3
b) Emphasis that 4rd can also support the scenarios that customer sites are assigned a set of public IPv4 addresses
c) Delete the IANA requirement for a reserve IID range
d) Rename V-octet to be 4rd Tag and change it to be 16-bit 0x0300
e) Add a new stand-alone request, new R-10, 4rd-capable CE blocks 0x0300 by using DAD, for address uniqueness
f) Fix the typos for 3000 and 192.16.0.0 in appendix, fix the typo reserved IPv6-only dummy address in R-21 (new R-22)
g) Several text refines

Please find document diff from 04 version using below link.
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-05.txt

Many thanks and best regards,

Sheng

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
>Behalf Of [email-masked]
>Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:02 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-4rd-05.txt
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Softwires mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires