Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 20:04:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public IPv4 over IPv6 Access Network
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Peng Wu
                          Olivier Vautrin
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-05-09

Abstract:
   When the service provider networks are upgraded to IPv6, end users
   will continue to demand IPv4 connectivity.  This document describes a
   mechanism for hosts or customer networks in IPv6 access network to
   build bidirectional IPv4 communication with the IPv4 Internet.  The
   mechanism follows the hub and spokes softwire model, and uses IPv4-
   over-IPv6 tunnel as basic method to traverse IPv6 network.  The bi-
   directionality of this IPv4 communication is achieved by explicitly
   allocating public IPv4 addresses to end users, as well as maintaining
   IPv4-IPv6 address binding on the border relay.  This mechanism
   features the allocation of full IPv4 address over IPv6 network, and
   has been used in production for high-end IPv4 users, IPv6 transition
   of ICPs, etc.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/