Subject: [Softwires] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09.txt

From: Peng Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:37:44 +0800

Hi all,

A new version of draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6 is available now,
addressing the results of first-round AD review.
The authors would like to thank Ted and Suresh for their detailed, valuable
comments and suggestions when reviewing the draft.

The major changes from -08 version are:

1) Adjust the language to make it more suitable as an informational document
2) Reword some descriptions to make it more precise and explicit.

 Best Regards,
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, May 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09.txt
To: Jianping Wu <[email-masked]>, Peng Wu <[email-masked]>,
Yong Cui <[email-masked]>, Olivier Vautrin <
[email-masked]>, "Yiu L. Lee" <[email-masked]>, Olivier
Vautrin <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yong Cui and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6
Revision:        09
Title:           Public IPv4 over IPv6 Access Network
Creation date:   2013-05-10
Group:           softwire
Number of pages: 13
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-public-4over6-09

Abstract:
   When the service provider networks are upgraded to IPv6, end users
   will continue to demand IPv4 connectivity.  This document describes a
   mechanism for hosts or customer networks in IPv6 access network to
   build bidirectional IPv4 communication with the IPv4 Internet.  The
   mechanism follows the hub and spokes softwire model, and uses IPv4-
   over-IPv6 tunnel as basic method to traverse IPv6 network.  The bi-
   directionality of this IPv4 communication is achieved by explicitly
   allocating public IPv4 addresses to end users, as well as maintaining
   IPv4-IPv6 address binding on the border relay.  This mechanism
   features the allocation of full IPv4 address over IPv6 network, and
   has been used in production for high-end IPv4 users, IPv6 transition
   of ICPs, etc.

The IETF Secretariat