Subject: [Softwires] Fwd: NOMCOM - Critical shortage of nominees for multiple areas

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:40:38 -0400

Hi all,
  The NomCom is looking for more nominees for the open positions. Please
consider volunteering and/or nominating people who you feel are suited
for these open positions.

Thanks
Suresh

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NOMCOM - Critical shortage of nominees for multiple areas
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 07:24:34 -0700
From: NomCom Chair 2013 <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>, <"2013 <nomcom-chair-2013"@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
CC: IETF Discuss <[email-masked]>

[Catchier Subject line - apologies to those offended by a duplicate]

A critically low number of people have accepted nominations for some of the
IESG open positions.  There is only one nominee per slot in APP, OPS and
TSV,
only two in INT and RAI.  Many folks have declined nominations.

While the Nomcom appreciates that support for two years of intense service
is hard to assure, and while we are aware that there is much support for
the
incumbents who are standing, the IETF should continually be considering
which new talent is available for our leadership, and the Nomcom process
needs for there to be some review and deliberation.

Therefore, we urgently request that more nominees come forward.

DEADLINES
Nominations - October 18
Questionnaires from nominees - October 25

Not coincidentally, this is a good time to think over and send your
comments
about the current statements of desired expertise of positions - this is
part of
the Nomcom's annual review process as well.  Send them to [email-masked].

Definitive location [*] of the current statements on desired expertise:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2013/expertise/

Instructions and details on nomination [**]:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/60602/

Thanks, everyone,

Allison for the Nomcom

[*] This year the Nomcom tools were recoded, and also transitioned into the
datatracker.  Apologies for a number of places where we didn't catch
reference
errors.

[**] Yes, alas, the previous call for nominations used "OAM" instead of
"OPS," but
we have* corrected this (chair's pilot) error where it occurred in the
Nomcom
pages.