Subject: [Softwires] I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:24:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Lightweight 4over6: An Extension to the DS-Lite Architecture
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Qiong Sun
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Tina Tsou
                          Yiu L. Lee
                          Ian Farrer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6-07.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   Dual-Stack Lite (RFC 6333) describes an architecture for transporting
   IPv4 packets over an IPv6 network.  This document specifies an
   extension to DS-Lite called Lightweight 4over6 which moves the
   Network Address and Port Translation (NAPT) function from the
   centralized DS-Lite tunnel concentrator to the tunnel client located
   in the Customer Premises Equipment (CPE).  This removes the
   requirement for a Carrier Grade NAT function in the tunnel
   concentrator and reduces the amount of centralized state that must be
   held to a per-subscriber level.  In order to delegate the NAPT
   function and make IPv4 Address sharing possible, port-restricted IPv4
   addresses are allocated to the CPEs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-lw4over6-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/