Subject: [Softwires] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-01.txt

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 12:28:36 -0600

Folks, I have updated Map-E Multicast support draft as follows.

Enjoy.

Behcet

A new version of I-D, draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Behcet Sarikaya and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast
Revision:       01
Title:          Multicast Support for Mapping of Address and Port Protocol
Document date:  2014-02-05
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          20
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sarikaya-softwire-map-multicast-01

Abstract:
   This memo specifies MAP-E's multicast component so that IPv4 hosts
   can receive multicast data from IPv4 servers over an IPv6 network.
   In the encapsulation solution for encapsulation variant of Mapping of
   Address and Port (MAP), MAP-E, IGMP Proxy at the MAP-E Customer Edge
   router uses IPv4-in-IPv6 tunnel established by MAP-E to exchange IGMP
   messages to establish multicast state at MAP-E Border Relay so that
   MAP-E Border Relay can tunnel IPv4 multicast data to IPv4 hosts
   connected to MAP-E Customer Edge device.  In the Translation
   Multicast solution for the translation variant of MAP, MAP-T and 4rd,
   IGMP messages are translated into MLD messages at the CE router which
   is IGMP/MLD Proxy and sent to the network in IPv6.  MAP-T/4rd Border
   Relay does the reverse translation and joins IPv4 multicast group for
   MAP-T/4rd hosts.  Border Relay as multicast router receives IPv4
   multicast data and translates the packet into IPv6 multicast data and
   sends downstream on the multicast tree.  Member CEs receive multicast
   data, translate it back to IPv4 and transmit to the hosts.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat