Subject: [Softwires] MAP-T to Standards Track

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 12:00:15 +0000

Hi all,
    After looking at the responses on the mailing list, we find that 
there is consensus to change MAP-T into a Standards Track document. 
However, there was an issue raised regarding preservation of DF=1 and 
MF=1 and this warranted inclusion of some advisory text in the draft. 
The following text has been added (Thanks Rémi and Tom) in section 10 of 
version -07.

"Note: The NAT64 [RFC6145] mechanism is not entirely losseless and when 
applied to IPv4 communication paths that traverse double NAT64 networks, 
IPv4 originated ICMP-independent PathMTU Discovery as specified in 
[RFC4821], ceases to be entirely reliable. This is because the[RFC4821] 
  defined DF=1/MF=1 combination, after NAT64	translation, becomes 
DF=0/MF=1."

Authors, Please resubmit a new version (-08) on Standards Track.

Thanks
Suresh & Yong

---

From: Ca By <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 07:03:03 -0800

> "Note: The NAT64 [RFC6145] mechanism is not entirely losseless and when

Would this be better without the double negative ?

This is a technical document and benefits from being as clear as possible.

Please remove the weasel words. This is not marketing or politics.

CB

> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires
>