Subject: [Softwires] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast-16: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 08:00:09 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Please spell out DR at its first occurrence

- Not sure I understand what the intention of the following section is:
"6.4.  Host Built-in mB4 Function

   If the mB4 function is implemented in the host which is directly
   connected to an IPv6-only network, the host MUST implement the
   behaviors specified in Sections 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3.  The host MAY
   optimize the implementation to provide an Application Programming
   Interface (API) or kernel module to skip the IGMP-MLD Interworking
   Function.  Optimization considerations are out of scope of this
   specification."
  Why is this mentioned? Does that has to be normative?

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 16:08:53 +0000

Hi Mirja, 

Thank you for the review. 

Please see inline.

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Softwires [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Mirja
> Kuehlewind
> Envoyé : mercredi 1 février 2017 17:00
> À : The IESG
> Cc : [email-masked]; [email-masked]; draft-ietf-softwire-
> [email-masked]
> Objet : [Softwires] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-
> dslite-multicast-16: (with COMMENT)
> 

[Med] Will do. 

>   Why is this mentioned? Does that has to be normative?
[Med] This is mentioned because the unicast DS-Lite architecture covers both Gateway-based and host-based architectures (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6333#appendix-B.2). The you quoted focuses on the considerations that need to be followed for the host-based model.   

> _______________________________________________
> Softwires mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/softwires