Subject: [Softwires] Ignas Bagdonas' No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-yang-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Ignas Bagdonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 04:58:23 -0700

Ignas Bagdonas has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-yang-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nit: model vs module. While there are no strict requirements for terminology,
it appears that dominant term used in YANG documents is model and not module.
The reasoning would be that model defines a module and the logic description of
it, while module is strictly a formal YANG code.

Nit: s/rate-lmite/rate limit

uint8 max-softwires-per-subscriber: Is the storage space large enough here? RFC
7785 recommends 1, but it does not appear to set upper limit. If practical
deployment scenarios will be an order of magnitude lower than 255 then likely
it is not a problem.

date-and-time last-address-change: Is the granularity of yang:date-and-time
enough for this use?

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 07:30:06 +0000

Hi Ignas, 

Thank you for the review. 

Please see inline. 

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Ignas Bagdonas [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Envoyé : jeudi 24 mai 2018 13:58
> À : The IESG
> Cc : [email-masked]; Ian Farrer; softwire-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Objet : Ignas Bagdonas' No Objection on draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-yang-16:
> (with COMMENT)
> 

[Med] As per https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg15324.html, both "YANG data model" and "YANG module" are valid terms. I will double check the document to fix any inconsistent use of the terms.  

> Nit: s/rate-lmite/rate limit

[Med] Fixed. 

> 
> uint8 max-softwires-per-subscriber: Is the storage space large enough here?

[Med] This is implementation- and deployment-specific. 

> RFC

[Med] We are not setting any max because this is deployment-specific. 

> date-and-time last-address-change: Is the granularity of yang:date-and-time

[Med] Yes.