Subject: [Softwires] Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-yang-06.txt> (YANG Modules for IPv4-in-IPv6 Address plus Port Softwires) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 05:06:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to consider
the following document: - 'YANG Modules for IPv4-in-IPv6 Address plus Port
Softwires'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-yang-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines YANG modules for the configuration and
   operation of IPv4-in-IPv6 softwire Border Relays and Customer
   Premises Equipment for the Lightweight 4over6, MAP-E, and MAP-T
   softwire mechanisms.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements within this document with the RFC
   number to be assigned to this document:

   o  "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

   o  "RFC XXXX: YANG Modules for IPv4-in-IPv6 Address plus Port
      Softwires";

   o  "reference: RFC XXXX"

   Please update the "revision" date of the YANG module.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-yang/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-yang/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 16:12:52 +0000

I believe that this I-D needs some admin-type changes to make it usable.

All three modules import some or all of

ietf-inet-types
ietf-interfaces
iana-if-type
ietf-softwire-common

These imports should have YANG reference statements identifying the
relevant RFC, probably
  6991
  8343
  7244
  XXXX

and these need to be Normative References for the I-D; 8343 is, 6991 is
not.

The first two modules have a sentence mentioning the use of RFC6991;
this should mention all the modules referenced, those above and
RFC7596
RFC7597
RFC7599:
these last are already Normative References.  A similar sentence is
needed for the third module for the RFC that it references.

The third module is a bit light on references - I cannot see any!

There are three references to RFC XXX- I suspect that RFC XXXX is
intended.

IANA Considerations references RFC7950 - this is a poor reference since
all it says is 'Go look at RFC6020' which thus should be the reference
here.

Security Considerations starts "The YANG module defined in this document
...
Give us a clue - there are three of them:-)

Appendix A.  Configutation Examples

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:06 PM