Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 14:14:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Header Protection for S/MIME
        Authors         : Daniel Kahn Gillmor
                          Bernie Hoeneisen
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-08.txt
	Pages           : 165
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   S/MIME version 3.1 introduced a mechanism to provide end-to-end
   cryptographic protection of e-mail message headers.  However, few
   implementations generate messages using this mechanism, and several
   legacy implementations have revealed rendering or security issues
   when handling such a message.

   This document updates the S/MIME specification to offer a different
   mechanism that provides the same cryptographic protections but with
   fewer downsides when handled by legacy clients.  Furthermore, it
   offers more explicit guidance for clients when generating or handling
   e-mail messages with cryptographic protection of message headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-header-protection-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts