Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in RECOGNIZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

From: "Shanmugham, Saravanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:26:43 -0700

I don't see why not, considering all this behaviour would apply only if
the "Save-Waveform" header is set to true and failure to caoture or save
the waveform does not necessarily stop the RECOGNIZE operation itself. 
 
Anyone opposed to doing this. 
 
Thanks,
Sarvi

  _____  

	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Thomas Gal
	Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 9:47 AM
	To: 'Jenny Yao (jyao)'; [email-masked]
	Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field
in RECOGNIZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

	Though this information could probably be inferred from the
filename extension, If we are going to follow/emulate the RECORD
methodology than it should also be available as a MIME body to the
RECOGNITION COMPLETE/STOP events as well. Otherwise I agree completely.

	-Tom

  _____  

	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jenny Yao (jyao)
	Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 8:58 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in
RECOGNIZE orSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

	VoiceXML 2.1 specifies "recording user utterances while
attempting recognition". This can be done through recog-only-header
"save-waveform" and "waveform-uri" in MRCP V1 and V2. VoiceXML 2.1 also
uses recordutterancetype property to specify the media format of the
result recording. However, there is no way in MRCP to pass the required
media format to the server. We propose using the "Media-Type" header
field, currently defined for the recording resource, in the RECOGNIZE
method or the SET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods to specify a media type. The
Save-Waveform carries a URI pointing to the audio captured during
recognition. The captured audio SHOULD be saved with this media-type.

	Thanks.

	Jenny

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc