Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in RECOGN IZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:58:50 -0400

I really, really, really subscribe to "say what you mean."  That is, have a
media-type header.  It is something sorely missing from VoiceXML 2.x.

For example, what is the media type of ".DAT"?  What is the media type, for
that matter, of ".WAV" -- right, go ahead, open the file and read the
header... 

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Shanmugham, Saravanan
	Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 12:27 PM
	To: Thomas Gal; Jenny Yao (jyao); [email-masked]
	Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in
RECOGNIZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

	I don't see why not, considering all this behaviour would apply only
if the "Save-Waveform" header is set to true and failure to caoture or save
the waveform does not necessarily stop the RECOGNIZE operation itself. 
	 
	Anyone opposed to doing this. 
	 
	Thanks,
	Sarvi

________________________________

		From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Thomas Gal
		Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 9:47 AM
		To: 'Jenny Yao (jyao)'; [email-masked]
		Subject: RE: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header
field in RECOGNIZEorSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

		Though this information could probably be inferred from the
filename extension, If we are going to follow/emulate the RECORD methodology
than it should also be available as a MIME body to the RECOGNITION
COMPLETE/STOP events as well. Otherwise I agree completely.

		-Tom

		________________________________

				From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jenny Yao (jyao)
		Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 8:58 AM
		To: [email-masked]
		Subject: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field
in RECOGNIZE orSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

		VoiceXML 2.1 specifies "recording user utterances while
attempting recognition". This can be done through recog-only-header
"save-waveform" and "waveform-uri" in MRCP V1 and V2. VoiceXML 2.1 also uses
recordutterancetype property to specify the media format of the result
recording. However, there is no way in MRCP to pass the required media
format to the server. We propose using the "Media-Type" header field,
currently defined for the recording resource, in the RECOGNIZE method or the
SET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods to specify a media type. The Save-Waveform
carries a URI pointing to the audio captured during recognition. The
captured audio SHOULD be saved with this media-type.

		Thanks.

		Jenny

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc