Subject: [Speechsc] MRCPv2 Pronunciation support

From: Brett Gavagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:29:22 -0400

How would an MRCP client query/determine that a list of words do not 
belong to the base dictionary for a SYNTHESIZER resource?

How would the MRCP client retrieve the default generated pronunciation for 
a single word or list of words, especially when an in-line or externally 
referenced lexicon specified in a DEFINE-LEXICON request could define a 
large number of pronunciations?

Finally, why doesn't the MRCPv2 specification reference the PLS draft as a 
standard for pronunciation support?
Pronunciation Lexicon Specification (PLS) Version 1.0 - 
http://www.w3.org/TR/pronunciation-lexicon/

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
WebSphere Voice Server Development 
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/voice_server/
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Shanmugham, Saravanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:08:15 -0700

A couple of somments 

     -----Original Message-----
     From: [email-masked] 
     [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Brett Gavagni
     Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 7:29 AM
     To: [email-masked]
     Subject: [Speechsc] MRCPv2 Pronunciation support
     
     How would an MRCP client query/determine that a list of 
     words do not belong to the base dictionary for a 
     SYNTHESIZER resource?
I think this should be addressed by gaining HTTP access to the default
pronunciation lexicon document of the synthesizer. And hence would be
accessed outside of MRCPv2. 

The format of this document is outside the scope of the MRCP
specification and should be left to the W3C. The PLS draft you are
refering to being one of them. I can add a reference to it as a future
possibility, since the PLS draft is still in working draft form.

Sarvi
     
     How would the MRCP client retrieve the default generated 
     pronunciation for a single word or list of words, 
     especially when an in-line or externally referenced 
     lexicon specified in a DEFINE-LEXICON request could define 
     a large number of pronunciations?
     
     Finally, why doesn't the MRCPv2 specification reference 
     the PLS draft as a standard for pronunciation support?
     Pronunciation Lexicon Specification (PLS) Version 1.0 - 
     http://www.w3.org/TR/pronunciation-lexicon/
     
     Thanks,
     
     Brett Gavagni