Subject: RE: [Speechsc] EMMA: Extensible MultiModal Annotationmarkuplanguagesupport?

From: Baggia Paolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:39:44 +0200

Hi,

My personal opinion is:
a. mandate a precise format (and this has already been 
   done by including the nlsml spec inside MRCPv2)
b. allow a well-defined mechanism to allow other formats
   to be negotiated (I see that this will happen in any
   case at least for special and critical uses of speech
   technologies).

If we define (b) prevents to have proprietary extensions
on top of MRCPv2.

IN any case (a) will always be allow "client/server interoperability"
and future revision of MRCPv2 could be done to "mandate" other
formats, without having to touch the negotiation mechanism.

Paolo.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Gavagni [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 4:51 PM
To: Jerry Carter
Cc: Baggia Paolo; IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail); [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Speechsc] EMMA: Extensible MultiModal
Annotationmarkuplanguagesupport?

Hi,

I agree that the ability for a client to request the format of the 
recognizer result data content would be useful.

I would prefer to see this function defined in a consistent manner with 
the current draft specification; by a client request to enable a session 
parameter via a header (ie. "Result-Data-Type") in a SET-PARAMS or 
RECOGNIZE request, rather than an attribute used for RECOGNIZER session 
negotiation/update. The server should then respond with an accept or 
reject response as it does today for other client requested parameter 
values. Currently, the draft specification doesn't expose the MRCP 
resource configurable parameters in the SDP.

I don't think that enabling platform-specific formats facilitates the 
adoption of a standard specification for speech resources. I  believe that 
the specification should continue to address the required supported 
formats and require new draft iterations including the updated 
specifications. The updated draft iterations would continue to assist with 
potential client/server interoperability issues.

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
WebSphere Voice Server Development 
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/voice_server/
[email-masked]

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to 
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc