Subject: RE: [Speechsc] Default support for TLS?

From: "Jeff Haynie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:36:27 -0500

>Experience has shown that people don't turn on security unless they  
>either very knowledgeable or have been attacked successfully.

Or, they explicitly don't want it.  We don't use SSL internally on our
webservers or secure pop between our internal email either.

>So, turn it off. Better to be slow and secure out of the box than  
>fast and insecure.
>
>Dave. (chair hat on).

"Turn it off" only addresses from a deployment issue but not a
implementation issue.  

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: David R Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:49:20 -0500

> webservers or secure pop between our internal email either.
Let me into your site and I'l walk away with all your users' passwords.

> "Turn it off" only addresses from a deployment issue but not a

Don't expect anyone to budge on it being a MUST for implementation  
compliance.

Dave (chair hat on).