Subject: Re: [Speechsc] reco without RTP

From: David R Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:10:33 -0500

On Feb 28, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Corby Anderson wrote:

> The Input-Waveform-URI header in section 9.4.10 supports  
> recognition via HTTP -- the MRCP server will request the waveform  
> from whatever server it happens to be on.  If a call consists only  
> of this sort of audio, then is RTP required at all?  What would the  
> SDP exchange look like for a recog resource that has no associated  
> RTP stream?
>
It would have no RTP media m-lines. Hence no RTP stream.

Useful for batch operation and background things like performing  
recognition on recordings to produce transcripts.

I'm highly skeptical of trying to use this realtime simply to avoid  
RTP though.

Dave.

> Corby Anderson
> Tellme Networks
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Speechsc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Corby Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:30:19 -0800

Good -- that's just what I was hoping.

Our use case for this would be, as you suggest, just for cases where we 
already have an audio file on disk somewhere.  For user interaction 
we'll certainly use RTP.

Corby Anderson
Tellme Networks

David R Oran wrote:
>> The Input-Waveform-URI header in section 9.4.10 supports recognition 
>> via HTTP -- the MRCP server will request the waveform from whatever 
>> server it happens to be on.  If a call consists only of this sort of 
>> audio, then is RTP required at all?  What would the SDP exchange look 
>> like for a recog resource that has no associated RTP stream?
>>