Subject: [Speechsc] Age attribute for cookies

From: "Karthik Ramakrishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:38:06 -0700

Hello, 
In section 6.2.14 the MRCPv2 spec talks about the "Age" attribute for
cookies. I am not sure if I completely understand the need for this
attribute, given the fact we have a "Max-Age"/"Expires" attribute for
cookies. Can some one explain why this was added in the spec? 
Pasting the relevant text from the spec here - 
"The "Age" attribute is introduced in this specification to indicate the
age of the cookie and is optional. An MRCPv2 client or server SHOULD
calculate the age of the cookie according to the age calculation rules
in the HTTP/1.1 specification [6] and append the "Age" attribute
accordingly."
Thank you, 
-k

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc