Subject: [Speechsc] Interpret-Text description in error

From: "Carter, Jerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 09:27:06 -0400

The language in section 9.4.31 for Interpret-Text does not match the
examples in sections 9.20 and 9.21.  The error was introduced between draft
4 and 5.  The text in section 9.4.31 should read:

   This header field is used to provide the text string for which a 
   natural language interpretation is desired.  This header field MUST 
   be used when invoking the INTERPRET method.  
              
   interpret-text           =  "Interpret-Text" ":" 1*OCTET CRLF

to bring this section in line with the examples and the discussion on the
mailing list.

Background:

On 16 August 2005 [1], a questioner asked whether this should be changed to
a reference because the character encoding was not specified.  Four days
later, Dave Burke [2] pointed out that all MRCP headers are encoded as UTF-8
strings.  Two subsequent posts [3][4] confirmed that having a reference was
unnecessary.

[1] http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg00850.html
[2] http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg00878.html
[3] http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg00882.html
[4] http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg00890.html

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Carter, Jerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:02:09 -0400

In the background, the date should read 2004 instead of 2005.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Carter, Jerry
> Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 9:27 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Speechsc] Interpret-Text description in error
> 
>