Subject: [speechsc] Clarification on speechsynth and speechrecog part of same session

From: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:02:28 +0100

In 8.4.2 it says:

   If the recognizer or signal detector resource is on the same server
   as the synthesizer, the server SHOULD recognize their interactions by
   their common MRCPv2 channel identifier (ignoring the portion after
   "@" which is the resource type) and work with both to provide kill-
   on-barge-in support.

My understanding was that the server can determine a speechrecog and speechsynth should work in concert simply by virtue of the fact that they were set up in the same SIP dialog and hence part of the same session. The paragraph in 8.4.2 anyways moot because the server assigns the channel identifiers. Suggest something like:

   If the recognizer or signal detector resource is on the same server
   as the synthesizer and are part of the same session, the server
   SHOULD work with both to provide kill-on-barge-in support.

Dave
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Brett Gavagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:58:26 -0400

Good point, as the current wording is a bit ambiguous.

I agree with the proposed clarification.

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
WebSphere Voice Server Development 
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/voice_server/
[email-masked]

"Dave Burke" <[email-masked]> 
05/08/2006 07:02 AM

To
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[speechsc] Clarification on speechsynth and speechrecog part of same 
session

In 8.4.2 it says:

My understanding was that the server can determine a speechrecog and 
speechsynth should work in concert simply by virtue of the fact that they 
were set up in the same SIP dialog and hence part of the same session. The 
paragraph in 8.4.2 anyways moot because the server assigns the channel 
identifiers. Suggest something like:

Dave