Subject: [Speechsc] Query regarding sharing of TCP connections for the control channels in MRCPv2

From: jakki sasidhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:41:55 +0530

Hi,
    The following is quoted from draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-09 in sec 4.4,
"Multiple resource control channels between a client and a server that
belong to different SIP dialogs can share one or more TLS, TCP or SCTP
connections between them; the server and client MUSTsupport this mode of
operation."
 
    Now my question is, how do we inform the server that we want use the
control channel over an already exisiting TCP connection? Protocol says that
we need to add "a=connection:existing" to specify that there is an already
existing connection which can be shared. But, using only URI and without
knowing the ip-address of the server, i cannot tell whether there is an
existing TCP connection with the target server. So, i cannot fill this
information in the offer sent in the INVITE. Also this time, if i send
INVITE even with the same URI(using which i have a established a TCP
connection earlier), there is every chance that i get some new server to be
connected(due to load sharing or some other reason). Then how can i achieve
this sharing of control channels across the SIP dialogs.
 
    Any comments will be appreciated.
 
with regards,
Sasidhar
 
****************************************************************************
***********

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!
 
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc