Subject: [speechsc] Example in 4.2 does not follow offer/answer rules

From: Andrew Wahbe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:26:56 -0400

The multi-step example in Section 4.2 that shows a synthesis-only 
session established that is then "upgraded" to include a recognizer 
doesn't seem to follow the offer/answer rules defined in RFC 3264.

 From Section 8.1 in RFC 3264:

   New media streams are created by new additional media descriptions
   below the existing ones, or by reusing the "slot" used by an old
   media stream which had been disabled by setting its port to zero.
   Reusing its slot means that the new media description replaces the
   old one, but retains its positioning relative to other media
   descriptions in  the SDP.  New media descriptions MUST appear below
   any existing media sections. 

The example adds the new control m-line for the recognizer between the 
two existing m-lines. I believe that it should be added at the bottom.

Andrew
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Shanmugham, Saravanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:30:51 -0700

That was the intent. This is bug and will be fixed.
I just checked section 14.1 where there is a full example, and there the
recognizer is added at the end conforming to the offer/answer model.

Sarvi 

     -----Original Message-----
     From: Andrew Wahbe [mailto:[email-masked]] 
     Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:27 AM
     To: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
     Subject: [speechsc] Example in 4.2 does not follow 
     offer/answer rules
     
     The multi-step example in Section 4.2 that shows a 
     synthesis-only session established that is then "upgraded" 
     to include a recognizer doesn't seem to follow the 
     offer/answer rules defined in RFC 3264.

        New media streams are created by new additional media 
     descriptions
        below the existing ones, or by reusing the "slot" used by an old
        media stream which had been disabled by setting its 
     port to zero.
        Reusing its slot means that the new media description 
     replaces the
        old one, but retains its positioning relative to other media
        descriptions in  the SDP.  New media descriptions MUST 
     appear below
        any existing media sections. 
     
     The example adds the new control m-line for the recognizer 
     between the two existing m-lines. I believe that it should 
     be added at the bottom.
     
     Andrew