Subject: [Speechsc] message body in GET-PARAMS..

From: sreekanth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:09:16 +0530

Hi,

The table in draft-06(page 22) mentions that content headers like Content-Type, Content-Length, Content-Encoding etc are optional for GET-PARAMS method..

Is there is any use case of having message body in GET-PARAMS ?

Please do clarify this..

Thanks&Regards,
Sreekanth

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Brett Gavagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:28:14 -0400

Hi,

I can't think of a specific non-proprietary use case offhand, for a MRCP 
server requiring a body on a GET-PARAMS request, as the message headers is 
what should be used as stated in draft-10 section: 6.1.2.  GET-PARAMS
The client SHOULD indicate the list of parameters it wants to read from 
the server by sending a set of empty header fields. 

However, a MRCP server response to a GET-PARAMS may contain a body as 
stated in draft-10 section: 9.5.4.  Recognizer Context Block
In the "GET-PARAMS" method, if an empty recognizer-context-block header is 
present, then the recognizer SHOULD return its vendor-specific context 
block, if any, in the message body as a MIME-entity with a specific 
Content-ID. 

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
WebSphere Voice Server Development 
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/voice_server/
[email-masked]

sreekanth <[email-masked]> 
09/20/2006 04:39 AM
Please respond to
sreekanth <[email-masked]>

To
[email-masked]
cc
[email-masked]
Subject
[Speechsc] message body in GET-PARAMS..

Hi,
 
The table in draft-06(page 22) mentions that content headers like 
Content-Type, Content-Length, Content-Encoding etc are optional for 
GET-PARAMS method..

Please do clarify this..

Thanks&Regards,
Sreekanth

 

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, 
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed 
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, 
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or 
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is 
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender 
by phone or email immediately and delete it!