Subject: [speechsc] Editorial comments on Section 10

From: "Andrew Wahbe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:22:49 -0700

The VoiceXML Forum's MRCP Liaison Committee would like to make the
following editorial comments on Section 10 of the latest draft (10) of
MRCP v2.

* The START-INPUT-TIMERS method is not in the recorder state machine

* The Sensitivity-Level header definition in 10.4.1 does not specify the
range of the value (it should be 0.0 to 1.0 as for recognition). Also,
it is specified as 1*DIGIT rather than as FLOAT.

* 10.4.2 uses the name "RECORDER-COMPLETE event" instead of
"RECORD-COMPLETE" event

* In section 10.4.7, when discussing the Record URI,  the sentence:
"This URI is then returned in the "STOP" response of the RECORD-COMPLETE
events." should be: "This URI is then returned in either the "STOP"
response or the RECORD-COMPLETE event."

* In Section 10.5, this is a weak statement:

     "The "STOP" response or the RECORD-COMPLETE event MAY contain a
message body carrying the captured audio. This happens if the RECORD
request did not have a Record-Uri header."
 
Something like the following would be better:
 
     "If the RECORD request did not have a Record-Uri header, the "STOP"
response or the RECORD-COMPLETE event MUST contain a message body
carrying the captured audio."
 
* The first paragraph in section 10.6 should also mention the case where
the audio is returned in the message body.
 
* The fourth paragraph in section 10.6 should mention what error is
returned if the type specified in the Media-Type header is not
supported. This would result in a 409 error with the media-type header
contained in the response. Perhaps it should be clarified. VoiceXML
platforms need to throw error.unsupported.format when the media type is
not supported, so we need to be able to distinguish this case. The text
in the second paragraph of 6.1.1 should include the 409 error and should
perhaps be moved to another location that signifies that this behavior
applies to all methods. 
 
* In Section 10.10, description of START-OF-INPUT should mention that
the Proxy-Sync-Id header should be specified. The example should show
this too.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc