Subject: [Speechsc] draft-13 change list

From: "Daniel C. Burnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:18:41 -0400

Here are the changes in draft-13:

- Updated Eric Burger's affiliation and Pierre Forgues' contact info.

- Sec. 11: Clarified text on Verification/Identification (see
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg02075.html)

- In 8.10, replaced 'If a "SPEAK" request was active the server MUST
return an active-request-id-list header with the request-id of the
"SPEAK" request that was resumed.'

    With

'If a "SPEAK" request was paused the server MUST return an
active-request-id-list header with the request-id of the "SPEAK" request
that was resumed.'

- Issue 88: Moved text about the No-Input and Recognition timers in 9.9
from the beginning of the Non-Hotword mode section before the two modes
to be clear that it applies to both modes.  Added bullet in 9.9 hotword
mode section about what to do when the No-Input timer expires.  Added
bullet in 9.9 hotword mode section about cancelling and restarting the
Recognition timer.

- Issue 88: Aligned text in 9.4.7 and 9.9 by doing the following:

-- removed text in 9.4.7 describing how the timer behaves, since that is
already described described in section 9.9 where it belongs.  This
section should only describe how to set the header value.

-- removed first bullet point in hotword description in 9.9.  Added new
paragraph there noting that the START-OF-INPUT event is not generated
when speech/DTMF is detected.

- Clarified in 4.2 that MRCPv2 resources are not distinguished by the
m-line port and format fields but rather by the Channel-Identifier.
Reorganized the text a bit to enhance readability.

- Fixed many typos found by Magnus.

- Clarified in 5.2 that request-id's are scoped by MRCP session and thus
are unique across all TCP connections and resource channels in the
session.

- Magnus pointed out that there are many places in the ABNF where we
allow 1*DIGIT.  Some have obvious values, such as 3DIGIT for
completion-cause.  For the others, as Magnus suggested, I have
restricted many of them to be 19 digits, which will always fit into 64
unsigned bits, unless the text explicitly allows 64 bits, in which case
I've used 20 digits.  Note that these are upper bounds and, in most
cases, *very* large.  In any case, this is better than the unrestricted
1*DIGIT.  It is expected that clients and servers will have their own
maximums which are lower than these values.  consistency-threshold,
clash-threshold, and weight-value have been set to FLOAT (these were
typos).

- Clarified in 5.3 that the server's returned mrcp-version must be the
requested version if supported, and otherwise must be the highest
version supported by the server.

- Throughout the document, changed "MIME", "MIME type", etc. to use the
currently correct term "Media Type".

- In 6.2.9 noted that SDP can be used to determine accepted content
encodings.

- Adjusted cookie-av2 syntax in 6.2.15 to match that in section 15.

- In 8.4.8, clarified in the text that the timestamp value is now
required.  The ABNF and examples were changed in a prior draft, but the
text had not been modified to match.  Also cleaned up the ABNF slightly
both here and in section 15.

- Added INTERPRET to the state machine in 9.1.

- Added reference in 12.4 to 6.2.15.

- Fixed many of the out-of-date section references in section 13.

- Updated s= and i= lines in SDP in the examples to be slightly more
informative.

- In 14.1, corrected the first text section and following message to
indicate that the client wanted a new TCP connection.

- Replaced ABNF type "boolean-value" with "BOOLEAN" everywhere in the
draft.

- Defined FLOAT in the ABNF.

-- dan

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc
Supplemental web site:
&lt;http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc&gt;