Subject: [Speermint] A question about federations

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:51:46 -0400

Last week, Otmar asked the following questions to the working group:

* Is there interest in an I-D which defines the semantic of
   policy rules which can be used to form ad-hoc federations?

* Is there interest in another presentation regarding my
   domain policy DDDS proposal at the upcoming IETF meeting?

He got a resounding zero responses (perhaps because the question was 
buried in a very long thread).

I say "yes" to both questions.  Mostly because I'm unsure what other 
problems this working group is suppose to solve.

-andy

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: "Uzelac, Adam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:38:26 -0400

Andrew,

Question - are you saying that good points and questions getting buried
in very long threads?  Never seen that before in IETF mailing lists!  ;)
Great catch plucking these 2 questions out of that thread.  I would like
to understand better the "policy rules", and I think it would apply
beyond ad hoc. I am not sure I completely understand the "ad hoc" aspect
of the question, but it doesn't really matter.  

As for the domain policy proposal presentation in Montreal, I believe
that would also kick a most lively discussion about policy exchange via
DNS or SIP. I personally see merit in both.  

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Newton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Speermint] A question about federations

-andy