Subject: [speermint] minimum set of requirements for SIP-based VoIP interconnection and emergency calling

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:34:01 -0600

Should the special case of emergency calls be considered as part of the
use cases for the 'minimum' set of requirements for SIP-based VoIP
interconnection?

If so, what should the minimum set of requirements be for SIP voice
interconnects?

Unless this is done somewhere else in the context of voice
interconnects, I think it should be in scope given the definition of VSP
in the speermint terminology draft and the real use cases of VSPs
handing off 911 calls to other service provider or terminating calls to
911 psaps.

That said, those requirements should probably be left at the SIP level
and remain at a high-level given the work in sipping, ecrit and various
national bodies. 
E.g.
	- a VSP should be able to recognize the SOS URN or any other
well known markers such as a local dialing string for emergency calls as
an emergency session
	- a VSP should invoke special SIP routing procedures to hand the
call off to the correct PSAP
	- put SIP Priority header
	- support SIP location conveyance I-D?
	- etc.

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Jean-Francois.
email: [email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint