Subject: RE: [speermint] minimum set of requirements for SIP-basedVoIPinterconnection and emergency calling

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 05:39:26 -0600

Stastny Richard wrote:
> >Some VSPs do have gateways connected to the PSTN and the whole
> selective routers thingy in the North American system for >example to
> do this; some don't and hand off the call to another VSP. The question
> of who does the ECRIT mapping protocol >resolution is also not
> relevant here.
> 
> Ok, but you mention here two issues out of speermint scope: gateways
> to the PSTN and
> North American selective router stuff

And that is clearly out of scope.
Per my earlier email, the scope question was related to the other case
where emergency calls are not handled within a single VSP domain (or for
that matter, the case of an enterprise using a SIP interconnect service
and handing off all calls to the VSP). 

Jean-Francois.

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: "Uzelac, Adam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:49:45 -0400

Jean-Francois,

Is this to mean that you believe emergency calling should be addressed
within the scope of general peering arrangements, or you would like to
see emergency requirements addressed in a specific emergency-like
peering arrangement (possibly other services as well)?  I think I could
see that and one would not exclude the other.

-AU

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Mule [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 7:39 AM
To: Stastny Richard
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [speermint] minimum set of requirements
forSIP-basedVoIPinterconnection and emergency calling

> to the PSTN and North American selective router stuff

Jean-Francois.

---

From: "Pfautz, Penn L, GBLAM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:57:00 -0400

I think we'd be better served NOT to take up the emergency use case for
now, until the other groups (GEOPRIV and ECRIT) solidify their
requirements. 

Penn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Mule [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 7:39 AM
To: Stastny Richard
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [speermint] minimum set of requirements

Jean-Francois.

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:09:43 +0200

The requirements work in ECRIT is finished. Here is the most recent 
document:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-10.txt

It might be good to clearly describe what you want to accomplish with 
emgerency services in the context of peering.

Ciao
Hannes