Subject: RE: [Speermint] More documents to read?

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:03:21 -0400

> I am not sure about the status of these documents.
> Was the work on some of these document stopped already?
> Maybe some of them got incorporated into other onces!?

See comments below.

> draft-creighton-khandpur-speermint-srv-naptr-use-00.txt

TBD.  The authors received some feeback which I suspect will be
incorporated into a -01 soon.  This document is similar to a WG
milestone so the group may consider making it a WG item if the authors
make this request.  The draft is on the interim mtg agenda and will be
discussed there.  I suspect a decision on next steps for the I-D will be
discussed there and then subsequently discussed / confirmed on the list
afterwards.

> draft-houri-speermint-rtc-provisioning-reqs-00.txt

The author was asked to work with the editor of the WG requirements
draft (Jean-Francois Mule) to see if we need to, can/should incorporate
provisioning requirements into the general WG draft.

> draft-lee-speermint-use-case-cable-00.txt

TBD.  The author has an open request out to other cable companies
seeking additional co-authors for an updated I-D.  The chairs have also
asked other groups (mobile, ITSP, etc.) to submit industry-specific,
technology-specific, and/or region-specific use cases but have not yet
seen any of these.  

> draft-lendl-speermint-federations-02.txt
> draft-lendl-speermint-technical-policy-00.txt

Michael Haberler is discussing the topic of federations and related
issues like federation policy at the interim meeting, so TBD.

> draft-mahy-speermint-direct-peering-00.txt

I believe this was intended to spur discussion, and I am not sure we're
expecting a new I-D.  Some of the ideas in the I-D are being considered
in the WG's architecture I-D.

> draft-meyer-speermint-reqs-and-terminology-00.txt

That became draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-XX.

> draft-niccolini-speermint-voipthreats-00.txt

This is a new I-D and one of several related to security & trust.  This
and similar I-Ds are intended to spur discussion.  Some of the ideas may
be incorporated into our architecture and requirements drafts.  Some may
also end up in a WG draft on trust & identity that is a future
milestone.
 
> What happened to this one: draft-penno-message-flows-02 ?

That became draft-ietf-speermint-message-flows-00.

> 
> Ciao
> Hannes
> 
> PS: Is there going to be a reading list for the interim meeting?

Best thing to do is review the latest agenda, which lists the drafts and
when they will be discussed.

Jason

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:22:58 +0200

> issues like federation policy at the interim meeting, so TBD.

FYI, these two draft build upon a framework described in draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-02.

/ol
-- 
< Otmar Lendl ([email-masked]) | nic.at Systems Engineer >

---

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:57:32 +0300

> provisioning requirements into the general WG draft.

Contacted with Jean-Francois and he said that he plans to work on my 
updates
and will start a thread on the provisioning requirements.

Thanks
--Avshalom

"Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]> 
05/09/2006 17:03

To
"Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
RE: [Speermint] More documents to read?

See comments below.

 

Jason