Subject: [Speermint] Implementation of draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-02 / draft-lendl-speermint-federations-03

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:58:05 +0200

As promised in Philadelphia, here is the announcement
of an updated version of my implementation of
draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-02, draft-lendl-speermint-federations-03,
and draft-lendl-speermint-technical-policy-00 as a module for the
OpenSer SIP proxy.

You can download the new version at
http://www.enum.at/index.php?id=dokumente
(Look for "OpenSer Domainpolicy Module 0.3").

Changes:

* Bugfixes

* Support for draft-lendl-speermint-technical-policy-00

* Handling of non-terminal NAPTRs: the new domain is not only
  used for further policy lookups, but also in subsequent 
  SRV / A lookups.

* New Policy type "domainreplacement": simplifies the establishement
  of federations based on central SIP hubs.

* Bilateral peering simplification: Before querying the DNS 
  for D2P+SIP records, the domain itself is used to look up
  policy rules in the local DB.

  Simple bilateral peerings thus don't need DNS records to establish
  such a "trivial 2-member federation".

* Expanded documentation

This module is released under the GPL. Please feel free to 
download it and use it to explore the possibilities which
draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-02 brings to SIP routing.

If you need help installing/configuring this module, don't
hesitate to mail the authors.

/ol
-- 
< Otmar Lendl ([email-masked]) | nic.at Systems Engineer >

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint