Subject: [Speermint] Assisted Peering

From: "Stastny Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 03:48:50 +0200

Assisted peering is also a Indirect Peering, therefore the proposed text is as follows:
 
4.2.1.  Direct Peering
   Direct peering describes those cases in which two service providers
   interconnect without using an intervening layer 5 network. This includes
   also the case that some entity employes a Redirect Server.
 
4.2.2.  Indirect Peering
   Indirect, or transit, peering refers to the establishment of a secure
   signaling path via one (or more) referral or transit network(s).  In
   this case it is generally required that a trust relationship is
   established between the originating service provider and the transit
   network on one side, and the transit network and the termination
   network on the other side.
 
   This includes also the case that some entity (usually a federation, see Section 5)
   employs a central SIP proxy (which is not itself a VSP) to bridge
   calls between participating networks. This may also be called Assisted Peering

Richard

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint