Subject: [Speermint] Changes in draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-01.txt

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:17:51 -0600

I've submitted an update to the requirement I-D based on the wg input
and feedback.  It is now available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-01
.txt

The main changes in draft 01 are:
- clarifed the intent and scope of the ID in the introduction by
capturing the main discussion points from the IETF 66 and interim
meetings on what this ID should be about, what it should not cover, what
the target of the requirements should be, the "must implement" vs. "must
use" debate;
- aligned the terminology with draft-speermint-terminology (CRD-> CAD,
SBE, ...) and with Hannes' proposal to re-use ASP/VSP for non voice
service providers based on the ecrit requirement work;
- done various editorial work on requirements per Hannes' comments
(e.g., separated the actual requirements from
motivations/justifications);
- added the requirement on the variability of CAD per mailing list
thread based on Daryl, Otmar, Penn and other inputs
- added what I think is our current (rough, incomplete and unsatisfying)
definition of session peering policy;
- integrated ideas & inputs from Tom Creighton, Daryl Malas, Otmar Lendl
and others on the parameters that could be included in a policy
description: I put this in a new informative annex for now as I am not
sure how much of these are seeds for requirement that we would want to
keep long term in the document to drive protocol solutions;
- updated codec requirements to reflect wg consensus (I think);
- integrated the input we got from various participants at the interim
on the fact that some VSPs rely on network-layer and lower layer
security mechanisms for VoIP exchanges; added pointers to rtpsec bof for
media related security requirements and new IDs on media security
requirements;
- replaced the basic TLS requirement with more detailed ones per the wg
recommendations at the interim; some initial text was sent to the list
for comments and is inspired from Rohan's direct peering draft and
Vijay's draft on sip certs (see email sent last week, this needs work
for sure).

Comments welcome.

Jean-Francois.

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint