Subject: [Speermint] Requirements "VoIP"

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:49:41 -0600

This is just a nit, but I don't think we should include VoIP exclusively
in the document.  I am referring to the title and also within the
abstract as examples.  SIP can be used for more than VoIP, and I foresee
SPEERMINT being used to peer for IM, Presence, Video, etc...utilizing
SIP for these purposes.

I suggest we generalize throughout the document by simply removing
"VoIP" where it applies to the type of interconnection and peering.

--Daryl

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: "Henry Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:59:14 -0700

Hello Folks:

I am a new member in the list.  When I had read some of the drafts I was
wondering on the same lines if the interconnection/peering could also
include subscriptions and notifications between service providers that
which can be federated as well.  If not VoIP then would it be just
federated/peered interaction?

Thanks,

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl Malas [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 9:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Speermint] Requirements "VoIP"

--Daryl

---

From: Shawn Pouliotte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:15:49 -0700

I agree with Daryl on that one. VoIP is just an early application.

Shawn