Subject: [Speermint] Charter clarification

From: "Uzelac, Adam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:55:42 -0500

I would like to be sure that I understand correctly the sentiment about
Presence/IM being part of the charter:

>From the charter:
SPEERMINT focuses architectures to identify, signal, and route
delay-sensitive (real-time) communication sessions. These sessions
use the SIP signaling protocol to enable peering between two or more
administrative domains over IP networks. Where these domains peer,
or meet, the establishment of trust, security, and a resistance to
abuse and attack are all important considerations.

Outside of possibly concluding that Presence isn't really a "real-time"
communication, but rather status, I believe that the charter doesn't
really need to change.  IM and Presence should be considered in scope.

-AU

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 02:54:56 +0200

Yes. I also remember the discussion in one of the speermint bofs where
we explicitly that we are talking about any session and this is why
Jonathan suggested the name SPEER for Session Peering.

Sometimes things need to be reiterate make them more consciously
accepted...

--Avshalom
Real Time Collaboration Standards

"Uzelac, Adam" <[email-masked]> wrote on 09/11/2006