Subject: [Speermint] use of KPML for transmitting DTMF across a SF interface

From: "Francois Menard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:44:51 -0400

Has anybody given more thought than I did on using KPML (RFC 4730)  as a
standardized alternative to use of SIP-INFO for carrying DTMF across a SF
interface?

F.

Francois arobas menards.ca

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: "Gilad Shaham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:58:46 +0100

Hi Francois,

You're correct about KPML, it is the recommended way for implementing
DTMF on the SF. DTMF on INFO is not standard despite the fact that there
are various deployments that do it. There is a long discussion in the
SIP WG and the result of this discussion will probably be a BCP for
INFO. 

I agree it's too bad that RFC 4730 doesn't clarify this, but the BCP
will.

Gilad

________________________________

From: Francois Menard [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 7:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Speermint] use of KPML for transmitting DTMF across a SF
interface

Has anybody given more thought than I did on using KPML (RFC 4730)  as a
standardized alternative to use of SIP-INFO for carrying DTMF across a
SF interface?

F.