Subject: [Speermint] NITS review for draft-ietf-speermint-terminology-07

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:43:11 +0200

Hi,

I've done a NITS review on the draft - my comments are as follows:

- the automatic idnits checker reports a few problems - most notably, the
draft does not seem to contain any proper page breaks (confirmed here while
printing the draft).

- The document contains a lot of acronyms that are never expanded/refered -
I've seen NAPTR (section 1), SRV (section 3.3), TLS (section 3.3), DSCP
(section 3.3), UAS/UAC (section 3.7), BGP (section 4.1), RTCP/RTCP-XR
(section 5). In most cases, an informative reference would also be good.

- I'm slightly confused by section 3.8 vs. 3.9 - i think the difference
between those definitions would become much clearer if we would change "...
that provides transport ..." to "... that provides application level
transport ..." in section 3.9 - otherwise it's really hard to distinguish
those two definitions. (SP = "my ISP", SSP = "my voip provider" if i got it
right?)

- Section 4.2 mandates Layer 5 peering to be "secure call signaling". Does
that mean that plain RFC3261/RFC3263 SIP signaling over UDP/TCP does not
qualify? Same applies to section 4.2.2

- I think that some of the peering definitions might overlap. For example,
is "on-demand peering" always "direct"? It seems to my as if there are
several "dimensions" of peering types, one dimension being
"direct/indirect/assisted", and the other dimension "on-demand/static" - eg.
RFC3261/3263 would be "direct", and "on-demand". Not sure whether it would
make sense to say something about that, though.

- I'd prefer "CODEC" not to be written in all caps unless there is some
special meaning behind (Section 5)

- There seems to be a typo in section 5, "Finally, note that a SIP can..."
probably should read "Finally, note that a SP can..."

hope this is useful :)

Alex

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint