Subject: [Speermint] Comments on Requirements-03

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:44:51 +0000

Jean-Francois,

I am now a lot happier about the way the requirements in section 3 are
formulated (in terms of "protocol mechanisms must...". Thanks.

I haven't done a complete review, but I happened to notice the
following:

1. "Requirement #1: protocol mechanisms must exist for SSPs to
      communicate the egress and ingress points of its service domain."
Why do ingress points need to be advertised?

2. "a mechanism should exist to allow SSPs to advertize their
   media border elements responsible for egress and ingress points so
   called Signaling Path Data Elements (SDEs)."
There is confusing use of terminology, not in line with terminology
draft. What are "Signalling Path Data Elements (SDEs)" and, if they are
on the signalling path, why are they another name for "media border
elements"?

3. "Requirement #2: protocol mechanisms must exist for SSPs to
      communicate the egress and ingress media points or SDEs of its
      service domain.

      Notes on solution space: SSPs engaged in SIP interconnects do
      exchange this information today in a static manner."
If SDEs are indeed media border elements, they are exchanged using SDP
on a per call basis. Why is there a requirement for anything else? To
me, the preceding paragraph does not really give convincing
justification.

John

_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint