Subject: [Speermint] FW: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-sipping-siptrunk-00.txt

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:04:17 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-rosenberg-sipping-siptrunk-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : What is a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunk
Anyway?
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-sipping-siptrunk-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-02-15

The term "Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunk" has become almost
commonplace amongst vendors and SIP providers.  Even though the notion of a
'trunk' has a well defined meaning in circuit switched systems, it has never
been defined for SIP.  This document provides a formal definition for a SIP
trunk, discusses its scope and applications, and establishes best practices
for identification and security of SIP trunks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-siptrunk-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-sipping-siptrunk-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-siptrunk-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-siptrunk-00.txt
_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint