Subject: Re: [Speermint] I-D Action:draft-lendl-speermint-background-01.txt

From: Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:15:52 +0100

On 2008/02/26 18:02, Daryl Malas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Otmar,
> 
> I also enjoyed reading the draft.  I think you bring up some very
> interesting and valid discussion points.  I also think you re-enforce
> there is much to do within SPEERMINT.

Thanks for the kind words to everybody.

> A comment to the use case authors...please read this draft, because I
> think it has some important topics to touch on in your draft.

The most important one (IMHO, of course) is, that the current speermint
charter does not allow us to tackle the real issue. We're re-arranging
the existing RFCs on the sinking email-model for SIP. 

This approach will result in hopefully improved private peering setups,
but fail to establish a new routing architecture for SIP calls, thus
further undermining the end2end principle even for those willing to do
*some* peering over the public Internet.

> Thank you, Otmar, for taking the time to update this draft. 

The thanks go to Hannes for his input and the encouragement to repost
the draft as input to the rucus EG.

/ol
-- 
// Otmar Lendl <[email-masked]>, T: +43 1 5056416 - 33, F: - 933
// nic.at Internet Verwaltungs- und Betriebsgesellschaft m.b.H
// http://www.nic.at/  LG Salzburg, FN 172568b, Sitz: Salzburg
_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint