Subject: Re: [Speermint] draft-ietf-speermint-voip-consolidated-usecases-05.txt

From: "PFAUTZ, PENN L, ATTCORP" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:09:53 -0400

A few small matters...

Section 5.1.1.2 Should mention that DBEs may also be deployed

Section 5.1.2 The description of  Static Direct via Assisting Entity
confuses me a little. If there is no direct L5 connection between the
peering entities is this really direct peering?

Penn Pfautz
AT&T National Access Management
+1-732-420-4962
_______________________________________________
Speermint mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint

---

From: "Lee, Yiu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:19:52 -0400

Hi Penn,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, we will mention DBE is optional in the
next release. Yesterday Adam and I spent sometime together, we discussed
about Static Direct via Assisting Entity. We found that use case was
confusing. We will remove it in the next release. So the next release
will have the following use cases:

1. Direct Static Peering
2. Indirect Lookup, Direct Static Peering
3. Indirect Lookup, Indirect Static Peering

Adam will present these use cases tomorrow in Speermint. For the
On-demand use case, we will open to the floor for discussion. We have
yet seen any production deployment that fit the definition of On-demand
peering.

Thanks,
Yiu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of PFAUTZ, PENN L, ATTCORP
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:10 AM
To: Uzelac, Adam; [email-masked]
Subject: Re:
[Speermint]draft-ietf-speermint-voip-consolidated-usecases-05.txt

 A few small matters...

Penn Pfautz