Subject: [Speermint] I-D Action: draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 01:05:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Peering for Multimedia Interconnect (SPEERMINT) Security Threats and Suggested Countermeasures
	Author(s)       : Jan Seedorf
                          Saverio Niccolini
                          Eric Chen
                          Hendrik Scholz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-09.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-08-16

   The Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect working group
   (SPEERMINT) provides a peering framework that leverages the building
   blocks of existing IETF-defined protocols such as SIP and ENUM for
   the interconnection between SIP Service Providers (SSPs).  The
   objective of this document is to identify and enumerate SPEERMINT-
   specific threat vectors and to give guidance for implementers on
   selecting appropriate countermeasures.  Security requirements for
   SPEERMINT which have been derived from the threats detailed in this
   document can be found in RFC 6271; this document provides concrete
   countermeasures to meet those SPEERMINT security requirements.  In
   this document, the different security threats related to SPEERMINT
   are classified into threats to the Lookup Function (LUF), to the
   Location Routing Function (LRF), to the Signaling Function (SF), and
   to the Media Function (MF) of a specific SIP Service Provider.
   Various instances of the threats are briefly introduced inside the
   classification.  Finally, existing security solutions for SIP and
   RTP/RTCP are presented to describe countermeasures currently
   available for such threats.  Each SSP may have connections to one or
   more remote SSPs through peering or transit contracts.  A potentially
   compromised remote SSP which attacks other SSPs is out of the scope
   of this document; this document focuses on attacks on an SSP from
   outside the trust domain such an SSP may have with other SSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-09.txt

---

From: Jan Seedorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:26:15 +0000

Dear all,

We have just submitted a new version (-09) of draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats (see below). In this revision we have tried to address all the comments and one pending discuss received from the IESG. I will contact the respective IESG members individually to clarify if their comments have sufficiently been addressed in this revision.

 - Jan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:06 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Speermint] I-D Action: draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-09.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Session PEERing for Multimedia INTerconnect
> Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> 	Title           : Session Peering for Multimedia Interconnect (SPEERMINT)
> Security Threats and Suggested Countermeasures
> 	Author(s)       : Jan Seedorf
>                           Saverio Niccolini
>                           Eric Chen
>                           Hendrik Scholz
> _______________________________________________
> Speermint mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speermint