Subject: Washington Agenda

From: "David Shrader" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 02:11:25 -0400

Spirits Team Members:

Do we have any kind of agenda for the December meeting? I took a look at the
initial ID from Igor (and crew, thanks) and I think it is a good start for
describing the architecture and introducing the event reporting aspect of
the service. I think it is important for some discussion of the possible
responses from the Internet. That is, once the internet server has been
notified of an event, what can it instruct the PSTN/IN to do with the call?
Typical responses could include: connect, holdcall, disconnect,
collectinformation, ... Can the server request the PSTN/IN to interact with
the caller and wait for subsequent information from the PSTN/IN?

I think it would be useful to discuss the scope of the response processing
at the meeting in Washington. I'd be willing to put something together.

I think another area of discussion is the relationship to PINT. I think
there is some great potential for some neat services that actually combine
elements of both areas to provide the overall service.

David

----------------------------------------------------
David Shrader
Master Consultant, Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:13:22 -0400

Good morning,

I would like to thank David for raising this very important and timely issue.
In fact, Steve Bellovin and I were discussing our proposed agenda for the
upcoming November 9 (9 through 11:30 a.m.) meeting.
Please see it below:

1. What is our output? Is it meta-protocol or an actual protocol? - 20 min.

2. Plan of work for the WG - 20 min.

3. Relations with ITU SG11 and SG13 - 20 min.

4. Interworking with PINT - 20 min.

5. Discussion on the published SPIRITS I-D - 20 min.

Regards,
Alec Brusilovsky