Subject: [SPIRITS] Protocol Requirements and Protocol Discussion

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:48:40 -0600

Group,

There is a fresh I-D on SPIRITS Protocol Requirements
available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-reqs-00.txt

This I-D is a direct result of a rough technical consensus
reached on this exploder, as well as at our last meeting in
San Diego. This I-D names SIP as a transport protocol of
choice for SPIRITS.

Since we have our requirements in place, I would like to
start a protocol related online discussion on the subject of
defining the way to carry specific SPIRITS-related
parameters on Protocol C from SPIRITS Client to SPIRITS
Gateway.

Unless we have burning issues (please contact Steve or
myself), I am recommending to skip the Minneapolis SPIRITS
WG meeting and meanwhile concentrate on Protocol Proposals
to be presented and discussed at IETF51 in London.

Regards,
Alec