Subject: [SPIRITS] Submission of the SPIRITS Architecture draft for Informational RFC

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 09:46:55 -0600

Allison, Scott,

According to Section 7.5 of RFC 2418, the SPIRITS chairmen
are
submitting the  I-D 'draft-ietf-spirits-architecture-01',

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-architecture-01.txt

for the IESG consideration on the subject of approval its
publication as
an Informational RFC.

This draft has been a working item and a milestone in the
SPIRITS
charter, it has undergone a three weeks long WG Last Call
and has
incorporated comments/changes from the last meeting in San
Diego ,
as well as from the general SPIRITS WG constituency.
Presently, this I-D reflects the consensus of the SPIRITS
WG.

The abstract of the draft is attached.

Regards,
Alec Brusilovsky

This document describes the architecture for supporting
SPIRITS
services, which are those originating in the PSTN and
necessitating the
interactions between the PSTN and the Internet. (Internet
Call Waiting,
Internet Caller-ID Delivery, and Internet Call Forwarding
are examples
of SPIRIT services.) Specifically, it defines the components

constituting the architecture and the interfaces between the
components.