Subject: [SPIRITS] Submission of the SPIRITS Architecture draft v.3 for Informational RFC

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:06:54 -0500

Allison, Scott,

According to Section 7.5 of RFC 2418, the SPIRITS
chairmen are submitting the I-D
'draft-ietf-spirits-architecture-03',

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-architecture-03.txt

for the IESG consideration on the subject of approval its
publication as an Informational RFC.

This draft has been a working item and a milestone in the
SPIRITS charter, it has undergone a three weeks long
WG Last Call and has incorporated comments/changes
from the meeting in San Diego, as well as from the
general SPIRITS WG constituency.

This I-D reflects changes in Security Considerations Section
per
Area Directors' comments.
Presently, this I-D reflects the consensus of the SPIRITS
WG.

The abstract of the draft is attached.

Regards,
Alec Brusilovsky

Abstract

This document describes the architecture for supporting
SPIRITS
services, which are those originating in the PSTN and
necessitating the
interactions between the PSTN and the Internet. (Internet
Call Waiting,
Internet Caller-ID Delivery, and Internet Call Forwarding
are examples
of SPIRIT services.) Specifically, it defines the components

constituting the architecture and the interfaces between the
components.

The rest of the document is organized as follows:
+ Section 2 describes example SPIRITS services from the
end-user point
of view;
+ Section 3 describes the SPIRITS architecture;
+ Section 4 contains security consideration;
+ Section 5 contains acknowledgments;
+ Section 6 contains references; and
+ Appendix contains the figure.