Subject: [SPIRITS] about PSTN specification

From: "Na Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 10:46:55 -0500

Hello,

Could anyone tell me what is the standard for PBX and class 5 switch,
the interface between normal phone and PBX, and the interface between
PBX to CO class 5 switch? I am very interested in the Voice over IP and
the interworking between VoIP and PSTN. To start, I think I need to know
how the PSTN works. If you can recommand some good books, that would be
great. I have read some books. They are good in providing the concept,
but too general. 

Thanks a lot for your help, have a nice weekend,

Lina

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 15:07:21 -0500

Lina,

You might as well start from the good ones... I would highly recommend Igor
Faynberg and Hui-Lan Lu's books on IN standards and the second one on
PSTN/IP Interworking.

Regards,
Alec

P.S. I cannot recall the titles, but you can plug FAYNBERG into amazon.com
and get the exact titles, as well as ISBN codes.