Subject: [SPIRITS] SPIRITS Event I-D

From: Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 11:13:04 -0600

Folks:

I have submitted an I-D as a first attempt at defining the SIP Event package
for SPIRITS.  The I-D is titled "Towards the Definition of the SIP Events
Package for SPIRITS Protocol".  If people want a copy before it appears in
the I-D repository, please send me private email and I will forward you a
copy.

The basic contents of the I-D are the definition of the SIP Events package
for SPIRITS.  There are a couple of ways to carry relevant information in
SUB/NOT extensions.  These are detailed in section 4.1 and 4.2.  We should
probably discuss the pros and cons of these on the mailing list in antici-
pation of the upcoming IETF meeting.

Another issue that should be discussed before the IETF is outlined in 
section 6.

This email is more of a "heads-up"; as soon as the I-D is in the repository,
I will send a reminder email for a broader discussion (my public web 
page appears not to be working, otherwise I would have posted the I-D
there!)

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Internet Software and eServices Group 
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216   Fax: +1 630 713 0184

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits