Subject: [SPIRITS] Minneapolis meeting agenda

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:44:02 -0600

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Our next meeting will be in Minneapolis on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 13:00.

SPIRITS WG meeting Agenda

1. Agenda bashing - Chairs - 5 min.

2. ICIDD service in SPIRITS - example call flows and issues - V. Gurbani 
- 5 minutes

3. SPIRITS Protocol Issues - discussion - 45 minutes:

    a. v.01 of the SPIRITS Protocol I-D has absorbed the SIP Event 
Package for SPIRITS I-D. In the interest of speeding up the process of 
the SPIRITS Protocol definition, it might be necessary to have Event 
Package I-D and Protocol I-D developed separately. These I-Ds are then 
to be merged into a single Protocol I-D prior to its submission to the IESG.

    b. The issue of using XML Schema instead of DTDs was discussed at he 
last meeting. So far, no work there has been done.

    c. A list of the values of the parameters associated with the Event 
detection point to be carried in the SUBSCRIBE body. We need to define 
DTDs or Schema for these parameter lists.

    d. MIME type: do we need a new MIME type 
(application/spirits-events) or does an existing one suffice?

    e. IANA Issues. Do we need to register anything else, besides mime 
types: application/spirits-event, tokens: spirits.INDPs, spirits.user-prof]?
Should SPIRITS have 2 packages and no template packages? I.e. 
spirits-INDPs and spirits-user-prof would be the two packages instead of
spirits.INDPs and spirits.user-prof (INDPs and user-prof being a 
template-package of the "spirits" package).

    f. Security Considerations. Need to expand and address SPIRITS 
specific threats, i.e. SUBSCRIBE and/or NOTIFY spoofing.
Can SPIRITS leverage the security mechanisms developed for SIP in the 
SIP WG for most of our work (augmented by Section 6 of the -05 SIP 
Events I-D)?

4. Conclusions - Chairs - 5 min.

Background information for the meeting
    The following three I-D's are published and available from the IETF 
repository:

    1. SPIRITS Protocol Requirements
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-reqs-04.txt
This is our new IESG approved Informational RFC. The status of this 
document in the RFC Editor queue RFC as of 3/5/02 is: "EDIT = approved 
by IESG, awaiting processing and publishing"

    2. Toward the Definition of the SIP Events Package for SPIRITS Protocol
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-sip-evt-package-02.txt
This I-D was discussed at the SLC meeting in December. This current 
version has all the issues raised at the SLC meeting resolved.

    3. The SPIRITS Protocol
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-spirits-protocol-01.txt
This I-D is a union of:
SIP Event Package I-D, <draft-ietf-spirits-sip-evt-package-02.txt>,
IN Parameters I-D, <draft-ietf-spirits-in-02.txt>, and
Internet Caller-ID delivery example SPIRITS message flow.
This is our first attempt to describe and define SPIRITS protocol, 
according to the architecture in RFC 3136 and requirements in 
draft-ietf-spirits-reqs-04.txt, current Informational RFC Candidate

No other burning issues were flashed on this list so far.

See you all in Minneapolis!
Kind regards,
Alec

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits