Subject: [SPIRITS] help

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:44:26 +0530

hi,
I have gone through the document draft-ietf-spirits-protocol-01.txt   April
2002.
with reference to that document i have one dought.

In the sample call flow (FIG:2)
The "subscriber" when connected to the internet
subscribes to the IN Termination_Attemp_DP.  Then the  SIP
SUBSCRIBE request identifying that DP is sent to the Gateway.
and thereby Notifier sends the Arm DP to the SCF.

My question is "Termination_Attemp_DP" is already statically armed at SSF when
the user is subscribed to that particular service and its also a TDP. So
it cant be armed Dynamically. So, why its like this.?

Is he doing to inform the SCF that the SPIRIT SERVER is alive and not to arm the
DP?

when will the SPIRIT Service be invoked?
will it be when the InitialDP comes from the SSF (with respect to IN ) or
 the subscriber himself is going to activate the service and then the serivice
is
going to wait for the InitialDP?

thanks and regards
UCB

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits