Subject: [SPIRITS] help

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:09:01 +0530

hi,

I wanted to know if there is any draft specifying
how to invoke a spirit service.

My question is, how does one know that, the subscriber
is BUSY because he is connected to the Internet or he
is BUSY because he is talking on the phone?

Is the SSF going to decide or SCF  has to decide depending on
the subscriber?

At SCF will there be  CALL WAITING and INTERNET CALL WAITING
as two different services?

If so how to distinguish?

thanks
UCB

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:58:51 -0500

> is BUSY because he is talking on the phone?

Different triggers could be used for different services.

> as two different services?

Most certainly.

> If so how to distinguish?

With reference to CS2, Termination_Attempt DP could be used for
Internet Call Waiting service and T_Busy DP could be used for the
busy condition.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Wireless Networks Group/Internet Software and Services
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216

---

From: Igor Faynberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:03:58 -0400

> Is the SSF going to decide or SCF  has to decide depending on

The SSF is not expected to perform any action based on its knowledge of
the connection type. It is the SCF that will know what is happening. 

> as two different services?

Precisely.

> If so how to distinguish?

By the telephone number in use, for example, or some other parameter.

Igor