Subject: [SPIRITS] help

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:29:38 +0530

hi all,

I wanted to know what information must be sent from the SCF to the SPIRTIS
Client
when the TDP is triggered ? Is the Information corresponding
to the Event Triggered (like calling party number ,called party number,
etc...)is
sufficient for the SPIRITS Client to make an Invite message and send it to the
Subscriber?

thanks
UCB

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 09:02:29 -0500

UCB,

The data that is SCF is sending to the SPIRITS Client upon encountering 
TDP has to contain enough parameter information to uniquely identify 
PIC. Please remember that we are talking about different national 
dialects of INAP (possible different set of parameters). Also, please 
remember that we cannot expect more parameter information from SCF than 
SCF can give us.
To answer your question, "calling party number, called party number, 
etc.", depending on the type of TDP, might or might not be enough to 
satisfy the uniqueness requirement.

Regards,
Alec

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 09:07:51 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> hi all,
> 
> I wanted to know what information must be sent from the SCF to the 
> SPIRTIS Client when the TDP is triggered? 

That will depend on the DP; a list of possible candidates is listed in
Appendix A of
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-in-03.txt

> Is the Information 
> corresponding to the Event Triggered (like calling party number,
> called party number, etc...)is sufficient for the SPIRITS Client to 
> make an Invite message and send it to the Subscriber?

Should be; although note that it is not neccessary for all cases that an
INVITE is sent from the SPIRITS client; many services will use a NOTIFY,
for instance.  See the I-D
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-spirits-location-00.txt
for a list of some such services.

Regards,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Wireless Networks Group/Internet Software and Services
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216