Subject: [SPIRITS] HELP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:54:54 +0530

hi all,

Is the BCD encoding or decoding of all the parameters like callingPartyNumber
etc
are done at the SPIRITS Client ?
If not Where?

And my another question.
When the TDP is hit.
What information has to be sent from the SCP to the SPIRITS Client.
Is that the information about particular TDP which is specified
in the draft is to be sent ? and specify the DP that has been hit.

thanks
UCB

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:57:31 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> hi all,
> 
> Is the BCD encoding or decoding of all the parameters like 
> callingPartyNumber etc are done at the SPIRITS Client ?

Yes; when an INVITE (or NOTIFY) is send from the SPIRITS client to
the SPIRITS server, parameters will be encoded in *XML*.  In fact,
the INVITE body will have multipart MIME (2 parts, one of which is
the DP information, and the other will be the SDP.  The latter may
be 'held' SDP if your ICW -- since ICW uses INVITE -- does not
support VoIP).

> in the draft is to be sent ? and specify the DP that has been hit.

Each DP will have a list of parameters which define the set of
attributes for the service.  The SPIRITS client should send the entire
set to the SPIRITS server, which will in turn use them to execute
the service.

Appendix A of the IN parameter selection I-D
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-in-03.txt)
provides you more input on the selection of the information relevant
to a DP.

Regards,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Wireless Networks Group/Internet Software and Services
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216