Subject: [SPIRITS] in-cs2

From: baljeet gill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 02:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

         I have a few queries bout IN-CS2.

1. What exactly is done in the OBCSM pic Authorize_Call_Setup, is it only required for Continuty check for ss7 trunks, or does it solve some other purpose as well ?

2. when is the media path switched, is it in the the Active state only or could be in the alerting state as well. I guess progress indicator No 8 in the q.931 messages has something to do bout it?

3. if theres no media path established, and some remote exchange decides that some announcement needs to be played to the calling party, how is that done? is it through some control signal askin the local exchange to play the announement, or is it through media connection to some Intelligent peripheral, or some media packet going through the control channel.

thanks and regards,

B.S.Gill

---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs, a Yahoo! service - Search Thousands of New Jobs

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 04:52:33 -0600

baljeet,

baljeet gill wrote:                                                                (Tue, 13 Aug 2002 02:17:55)
>    1.  What  exactly is done in the OBCSM pic Authorize_Call_Setup, is it
>    only  required  for  Continuty  check for ss7 trunks, or does it solve
>    some other purpose as well ?

It serves another purpose.  Authorize_Call_Setup can be used for outgoing
call screening and authorization.  For example, some Centrex services require
and prompt for a user id and accound code at this stage.

> 
>    2. when is the media path switched, is it in the the Active state only
>    or  could be in the alerting state as well. I guess progress indicator
>    No 8 in the q.931 messages has something to do bout it?
> 
>    3.  if  theres  no  media  path  established, and some remote exchange
>    decides  that  some  announcement  needs  to  be played to the calling
>    party,  how  is that done? is it through some control signal askin the
>    local  exchange  to  play  the  announement,  or  is  it through media
>    connection  to some Intelligent peripheral, or some media packet going
>    through the control channel.

All three are possible.  The remote exchange can send "inband information
available cut through in both directions" or the call can be diverted under
SCF control to an IP, or the remote exchange can release with cause indicating
an announcement number for the originating exchange to play.

--brian

> 
>    thanks and regards,
> 
>    B.S.Gill
>      _________________________________________________________________
> 
>    Do You Yahoo!?
>    [1]HotJobs, a Yahoo! service - Search Thousands of New Jobs
> 
> References
> 
>    1. http://rd.yahoo.com/careers/mailsig/new/*http://www.hotjobs.com

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/
_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits