Subject: investments/help

From: "Mr.qin WANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:03:12 -0500 (CDT)

Qin Wang
Lloyds TSB Pacific Limited
Hong Kong Branch
Fax: +852-301-66259

Thank you for giving me your time. Please be patient and read my email to
you.

I am a staff of Lloyds TSB Group attached in Private Banking Services. I
am contacting you concerning a customer and, an investment placed under
our banks management 3 years ago, I contacted you independently of our
investigation and no one is informed of this communication and I Would
like to intimate you with certain facts that I believe would be of
interest to you.

In 2000, the subject matter; ref: bb/tsb/bank/73 came to our bank to
engage in business discussions with our Private Banking Services
Department. He informed us that he had a financial portfolio of 8.35
million United States Dollars, which he wished to have us turn over on his
behalf. I was the officer assigned to his case; I made numerous
suggestions in line with my duties as the de-facto chief operations
officer of the Private Banking Services Department, especially given the
volume of funds he wished to put into our bank. We met on numerous
occasions prior to any investments being placed. I encouraged him to
consider various growth funds with prime ratings. The favored route in my
advice to customers is to start by assessing data on 600 traditional
stocks and bond managers and alternative investments. Based on my advice,
we spun the money around various opportunities and made attractive margins
for our first months of operation, the accrued profit and interest stood
at this point at over 10 million United States Dollars, this margin was
not the full potential of the fund but he desired low risk guaranteed
returns on investments. In mid 2001, he asked that the money be liquidated
because he needed to make an urgent investment requiring cash payments in
Europe. He directed that I liquidate the funds and had it deposited with a
firm in Europe. I informed him that our bank would have to make special
arrangements to have this done and in order not to circumvent due process,
the bank would have to make a 9.5 % deduction from the funds to cater for
banking and statutory charges. He complained about the charges but later
came around when I explained to him the complexities of the task he was
asking of us. Cash movement across borders has become especially strict
since the incidents of 9/11.

I contacted my affiliate in Europe and had the funds available in main
land Europe. I undertook all the processes and made sure I followed his
precise instructions to the letter and had the funds deposited in a
security consultancy firm, the firm is a specialist private firm that
accepts deposits from high net worth individuals and blue chip
corporations that handle valuable products or undertake transactions that
need immediate access to cash. This small and highly private organization
is familiar especially to the highly placed and Well-connected
organizations. In line with instructions, the money was deposited. He told
me he wanted the money there in anticipation of his arrival from Norway
later that week. This was the last communication we had, this transpired
around 20th  June 2002. In June last year, we got a call from the security
firm informing us of the inactivity of that particular portfolio. This was
an astounding position as far as I was concerned, given the fact that I
managed the private banking sector I was the only one who knew about the
deposit, and I could not understand why he had not come forward to claim
his deposit.

 I made futile efforts to locate him I immediately passed the task of
locating him to the internal investigations department of our bank. Four
days later, information started to trickle in, that he was apparently
dead. A person who suited his description was declared dead of a heart
attack in Cannes, South of France. We were soon enough able to identify
the body and cause of death was confirmed. The bank immediately launched
an investigation into possible surviving next of kin to alert about the
situation and also to come forward to claim his estate. If you are
familiar with private banking affairs, those who patronize our services
usually prefer anonymity, but also some levels of detachment from
conventional processes. In his bio-data form, he listed no next of kin.
In the field of private banking, opening an account with us means no one
will know of its existence, accounts are rarely held under a name
depositors use numbers and codes to make the accounts anonymous. This
bank also gives the choice to depositors of having their mail sent to
them or held at the bank itself, ensuring that there are no traces of the
account and as I said, rarely do they nominate next of kin. Private
banking clients apart from not nominating next of kin also usually in
most cases leave wills in our care, in this case; he died in testate.

What I wish to relate to you will smack of unethical practice but I want
you to understand something. It is only an outsider to the banking world
who finds the internal politics of the banking world aberrational. The
world of private banking especially is fraught with huge rewards for those
who occupy certain offices and oversee certain portfolios. You should have
begun by now to put together the general direction of what I propose.
There is US$ 8,370,000.00 deposited, I alone have the deposit details and
they will release the deposit to no one unless I instruct them to do so. I
alone know of the existence of this deposit for as far as the finance
firm, the transaction with our deceased customer concluded when I sent the
funds to the firm, all outstanding interactions in relation to the file
are just customer services and due process. The finance firm has no single
idea of what's the history or nature of the deposit. They are simply
awaiting instructions to release the deposit to any party that comes
forward. This is the situation. This bank has spent great amounts of money
trying to track this man's family; they have investigated for months and
have found no family. The investigation has come to an end.

My proposal,you share similar details to the late fellow  I am prepared to
place you in a position to instruct the finance firm to release the
deposit to you as the closest surviving relation. Upon receipt of the
deposit, I am prepared to share the money with you in half and no more.
That is: I will simply nominate you as the next of kin and have them
release the deposit to you. We share the proceeds 50/50. I would have gone
ahead to ask the funds be released to me, but that would have drawn a
straight line to me and my involvement in claiming the deposit. But on the
other hand, you with a similar name as the original depositor would easily
pass as the beneficiary with the rights to claim. I assure you that I
could have the deposit released to you in a few days. I will simply inform
our bank of the final closing of the file relating to the customer. I will
then officially communicate with the finance company and instruct them to
release the deposit to you. With these two things: all is done.

The alternative would be for us to have the firm direct the funds to
another bank with you as accountholder. This way there will be no need for
you to think of receiving the money from the firm. We can fine-tune this
based on our interactions. I am aware of the consequences of this
proposal. I ask that if you find no interest in this project that you
should discard this mail. I ask that you do not be vindictive or
destructive. If my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and
forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you do not
approve of my proposal. You may not know this but people like myself who
have made tidy sums out of comparable situations run the whole private
banking sector. I am not a criminal and what I do, I do not find against
good conscience, this may be hard for you to understand, but the dynamics
of my industry dictates that I make this move. Such opportunities only
come ones' way once in a lifetime. I cannot let this chance pass me by

I hope you understand because for once I found myself in total control and
face to face with my destiny. These chances won't pass me by. I ask that
you do not destroy my chance, if you will not work with me let me know and
let me move on with my life but do not destroy me. I am a family man and
this is an opportunity to provide them with new opportunities. There is a
reward for this project and it is a task well worth undertaking. I have
evaluated the risks and the only risk I have here is from you refusing to
work with me and alerting my bank. I am the only one who knows of this
situation, good fortune has blessed you with a name that has planted you
into the center of relevance in my life. Let's share the blessing.

If you give me positive signals, I will initiate this process towards a
conclusion. I wish to inform you that should you contact me via official
channels; I will deny knowing you and about this project. I repeat, I do
not want you contacting me through my official phone lines nor do I want
you contacting me through my official email account. Contact me only
through this email address ([email-masked])

I do not want any direct link between you and me. My official lines are
not secure lines as they are periodically monitored to assess our level of
customer care in line with our Total Quality Management Policy.

Please observe this instruction religiously. Please, again, note I am a
family man; I happily married with two kids. I send you this mail not
without a measure of fear as to what the consequences might be, but I know
within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and
riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. This is the one truth I
have learned from my private banking clients. Do not betray my confidence.
If we can be of one accord, we should plan a meeting, soon.

I await your response.

Sincerely,

Qin Wang