Subject: unnoticed

From: Juliana Ramos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:47:47 -0400

Vision Airships Global Expansion!

BANGKOK, THAILAND, Jul 09, 2007 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) - Vision
Airships Inc. (PINKSHEETS: VPSN) - The company wishes to announce that
it has finalized arrangements for funding for its global expansion.

Check out the news and get on VPSN first thing Thursday!

Strike that - I'll go further and say that they are good. " These are
all good things.

That means the lines will be longer and the searches more thorough going
through security at the airport.

Curt also talked about Ruby and Ruby on Rails.

But sometimes they are not.

What about other options? Another recent addition to my bookshelf is
Khalid Sayood's Introduction to Data Compression. Now don't
misunderstand me.

Introduction to Data Compression covers lossless compression schemes,
Huffman Coding, as well as arithmetic and dictionary coding.

What about other options?

If I am developing an application in a small group or for a small
company that trade-off might make some sense, sometimes. Ensuring data
integrity: DBAs must be able to design a database so that only accurate
and appropriate data is entered and maintained.

IBM is offering a free startup toolkit and Curt pointed people to the
web to download the toolkit.
We don't move access paths, we create new ones on the fly in the
production world.

Add to that list the possibility of nefarious folks grabbing ahold of
SSNs via data breaches.
" This is also a valid question. Written by a cadre of eleven Oracle
experts who have dubbed themselves The Oak Table Network, Oracle
Insights offers up just what its title implies. Well, day one of IDUG
Europe is almost over and here is a quick blog post to report on the
first day goings-on here in Vienna.

Throughout the book the author examines various compression schemes,
their strengths and weaknesses, and what content they work best for.
check in with me again tomorrow for an Availability involves database
tuning, efficient application design, and performance monitoring and
tuning.
For Windows development, all three are viable options, but Microsoft is
the leader on Microsoft's OS.

If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking. or at least it
should be.

According to Pythian Group, Log Buffer ".

Well, let's change that.

For your very high availability needs go with the mainframe if you have
one.

Without proper documentation to educate the new team members, that
"working" software will stop working due to lack of understanding. Well,
take the working software versus comprehensive documentation issue.

Instead of open file, read record from file, use key to read record from
database. Also, try to factor in the reliability of the total package in
terms of downtime - and factor in expected losses due to downtime if at
all possible. Availability involves database tuning, efficient
application design, and performance monitoring and tuning. Oracle
Insights: Tales of the Oak Table - a completely unique book. I'm sure
there are a plethora of additional Oracle books that are worth reading,
but these are the ones I've read and enjoyed. If you buy new IBM
mainframe hardware and storage to run your Oracle software, you get a
rebate.

Take care, and maybe I'll see you on the road! But perhaps organizations
who have been breached would be better served by taking a step back and
reviewing the environment that enabled the breach. unless you can blame
them for not being more persuasive. The DBA must understand the business
purpose for the data to ensure that it is used appropriately and is
accessible when the business requires it to be available.

For your very high availability needs go with the mainframe if you have
one. If you use PHP for web development this book can be a very handy
reference to keep at your side as you code.
As such, compressing some of the vast amount of data we must manage
makes some sense. But the proper response is NOT to stop all REBINDs,
the proper response is to introduce methods and procedures for
implementing a change management discipline.
It is hard to get good help these days. but is that the proper approach
to take? Well, take the working software versus comprehensive
documentation issue.

Also, try to factor in the reliability of the total package in terms of
downtime - and factor in expected losses due to downtime if at all
possible.

That means the lines will be longer and the searches more thorough going
through security at the airport.
I'm in favor of promoting "individuals and interactions", "working
software", "customer collaboration", and "responding to change.
Sometimes IT folks focus too much on the minutia, standards and tools
being used to the detriment of development projects.