Subject: [spring] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-10.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 09:12:33 -0700

Non-technical and editorial updates while the SPRING WG discusses the way
forward.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 9:10 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-10.txt
To: Gyan S. Mishra <[email-masked]>, Cheng Weiqiang <
[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Liu
Aihua <[email-masked]>, Peng Shaofu <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-10.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr
Revision:       10
Title:          Unified Identifier in IPv6 Segment Routing Networks
Document date:  2021-09-25
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          28
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-10.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-10.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-6man-unified-id-sr-10

Abstract:
   Segment Routing architecture leverages the paradigm of source
   routing.  It can be realized in a network data plane by prepending
   the packet with a list of instructions, a.k.a. segments.  A segment
   can be encoded as a Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) label, IPv4
   address, or IPv6 address.  Segment Routing can be applied in the MPLS
   data plane by encoding segments in the MPLS label stack.  It also can
   be applied to the IPv6 data plane by encoding a list of segment
   identifiers in IPv6 Segment Routing Extension Header (SRH).  This
   document extends the use of the SRH to unified segment identifiers
   encoded, for example, as MPLS label or IPv4 address, to compress the
   SRH, and support more detailed network programming and interworking
   between SR-MPLS and SRv6 domains.

The IETF Secretariat