Subject: [SSM] Please give some comments on my Internet draft.

From: Sang-Ha Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:00:03 +0900

Sang-Ha Kim wrore:

   I have registered my manuscript to Internet Draft list
under the name of "draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt".
The manuscript describes a suggestion for rapid deployment of SSM.
I do discuss this matter with you. Please give me some comments on it.

   My draft is avaiable from IETF Internet-Drafts by searching
"draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt".

   This is the first time for me to submit an Internet Draft, and by my
ignorance,
I may not follow the rule that everybody should do. If it is the case,
please let me know that.

   Thank you for your attention.

---

From: Sang-Ha Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:45:29 +0900

Sang-Ha Kim wrote:

   This is the second request for some comments of a new Internet draft
   T
       Hierarchical Scheme for Source-Specific Multicast Deployment

           <draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt>

   Abstract:
     Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) has been proposed to overcome the
     deployment limitations of PIM-SM such as handling of well-known
     sources, access control, and address allocation. However, current
     SSM work seems to neglect some other deployment issues such as the
     construction of the shortest path tree especially in inter-domain. 
     The routing table entries for constructing SSM tree proportionally
     increase depending on the number of sources and groups. That is,
     SSM will bring scalability issues like current Internet standard
     multicasts when it is applied to inter-domain or core networks. In
     order to allow SSM to be deployed on Internet core networks,
     hierarchical consideration should be additionally augmented into
     the SSM scheme. This document specifies a hierarchical scheme,
     which uses not only existing SSM scheme within intra-domain, but 
     also an automatic tunneling between a source and a border gateway 
     router in inter-domain.

You can get a copy online at
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt>.

     Sang-Ha.

---

From: "Seok Joo Koh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:21:04 +0900

A very nice input for SSM deployment !

This material is interesting to me in that some inter-domain issues of SSM
deployment
are considered by way of interactions between SSM-capable and SSM
non-capable networks.

Some features in this work are considered reciprocally with 'Autotunneling'
works (by Ross Finlayson).
In particular, the tunneling between Master (end receiver) and Slave
(SSM-router) by Finlayson
may be used in a similar way for the tunneling between SSM source and Border
Gateway Router by Kim.

Anyway, both are purposed to enhance the SSM deployment, and hopefully can
be incorporated.

Cheers,

Seok Joo Koh,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sang-Ha Kim" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 10:45 AM
Subject: [SSM] Some comments on a New Internet draft.

> You can get a copy online at
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00
.txt>.