Subject: FYIMime-Version: 1.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 05:14:55 -0400 (EDT)

[ Hereby using up my only credit for an annoying product placement e-mail ...
  (this year ;-) please do not group-reply to the Cc'ed lists unless
  you know it is in the interest of the particular list. Thanks! ]

  IP/TV 3.4 now is available (*) and supports SSM. If you would like to
  use SSM in it, or simply read up on how SSM is implemented in it,
  please check out the configuration note about it. It is at:

    ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ipmulticast/config-notes/iptv34ssm.txt
  
Cheers
	Toerless

(*) Meaning that it is available for download for contract customers (;-()
    from www.cisco.com (Software Center -> Video Software -> IP/TV).
    We still have to determine if (and then how) we can make a free
    version of the 3.4 IP/TV viewer available because of the fact that
    it now includes an ISMA compliant MPEG4 decoder. Thus it is
    subject to potentially some license fees ($0.25 cent within an
    enterprise and undetermined yet for over the Internet broadcast -
    as far as i understand the MPEG-LA conditions).