Subject: [ssm] draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-04.txt is available

From: Hugh Holbrook <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 02:10:02 -0800 (PST)

I just submitted a new revision of the SSM-with-IGMPv3/MLDv2 document
to the ID archives.  Until it shows up, you can retrieve it at

   http://sith.maoz.com/SSM/draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-04.txt

This is a magma working group document.  It's feeling pretty final to
me, and I expect this document to be going through a working group
last call shortly.  Comments appreciated.

Cheers,
-Hugh
--------------------------------

The major changes in the -04 version:

 Updated to reflect ID-nits.  Rewrote Abstract, added Security
 Considerations, IPR, and Copyright statements.  Clarified the notion
 of an "SSM-aware" host as being a host with an address range
 configuration option.  Clarified that CHANGE_TO_INCLUDE_MODE may be
 sent when the address range configuration changes.  Eliminated the
 mention of the option to ignore older version queriers -- this
 conflicts the IGMPv3 spec and creates a bunch of bad scenarios for
 ASM.  Updated and split references to normative/informative.
_______________________________________________
ssm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ssm