Subject: [ssm] Updated ID: Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement (fwd)

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:26:52 +0200

Dear all,

  please excuse for crossposting.

best regards
  matthias

--
Matthias Waehlisch
:. HRZ - FHTW Berlin                     :. link-lab
:. Treskowallee 8, 10318 Berlin, Germany :. Hoenower Str. 35/PF16, 10318 Berlin
:. mailto:[email-masked]              :. mailto:[email-masked]
:. http://home.fhtw-berlin.de/~mw        :. http://www.link-lab.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:06:39 +0200
From: Thomas C Schmidt <[email-masked]>
To: mobopts <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Mip6 <[email-masked]>,
    [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [SAM] [Mobopts] New ID: Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem	Statemen

Hi all,

we submitted an updated version of the problem statement
draft on extending Multicast to Mobility.

It should be in the ID directory soon and can immediatly be downloaded
under:

http://www.realmv6.org/papers/draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-01.txt

Details:

              Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement
                  <draft-schmidt-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-01.txt>

Abstract

    In this document we discuss mobility extensions to current IP layer
   multicast solutions. Problems arising from mobile group communication
   in general, in the case of multicast listener mobility and for mobile
   Any Source Multicast as well as Source Specific Multicast senders are
   documented. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and
   deployment issues are summarized. The principal approaches to the
   multicast mobility problems are outlined subsequently.

The new document not only accounts for all comments / reviews given so far, but
has been extended significantly to incorporate

 o Deployment issues;
 o Current research on the characteristics of multicast routing trees
   under mobility;
 o Fairly exhaustive exploration of the solution space;
 o A large collection of references on various aspects of the subject.

As it seems desirable to advance on the subject, we'd like to emphasize
solicitation of comments & reviews ...

Looking forward to your discussions!

See you in San Diego,

thomas

_______________________________________________
ssm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ssm