Subject: [stir] Some notes...

From: "Anton Tveretin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 00:20:15 +0600

Dear All,

Why not hop-to-hop? This is how banking system works. Each pair exchange 
their public keys, and promise not to allow spoofed calls, not to modify 
messages unless really needed, not to abuse otherwise. For each message, 
each party verifies a signature, modifies a message as needed (e.g. from-tag 
and to-tag are modified by B2BUA), and re-signs.

Combining From-tag with From-name and From-URI into single header is 
actually incidentally, and unlucky. They belong to different entities.

Otherwise, there will be someone who doesn't want to join existing trust 
network (but to start his/her own). So we return to the "public ENUM" 
problem. As I noted, most websites use self-signed certificates for HTTPS, 
and few use VeriSign-issued. No trust networks.

I suggest modifying the WG Charter.

See also accompanying message...

Regards, Anton.

---

From: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:28:56 +0000

On Jun 19, 2013, at 11:20 AM, Anton Tveretin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Why not hop-to-hop? This is how banking system works. 

Uh, not that it matters but I thought a large amount of banking used mutually trusted clearing houses - often created at a national legislature level - or pairwise trust but very seldom multi hop trust.